Can't Pitch, Can't Hit

1 minute ago, RavensNOsGuy said:

Would you trade Gunnar for Skenes straight up? 

Not a chance with the rate pitchers get hurt today and the innings caps placed even when the pitcher is healthy. Gunnar might end up having an all time single season record for WAR by a shortstop.

Skenes as good as he's been won't be close to that level of production.

1 minute ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Not a chance with the rate pitchers get hurt today and the innings caps placed even when the pitcher is healthy. Gunnar might end up having an all time single season record for WAR by a shortstop.

Skenes as good as he's been won't be close to that level of production.

As great as he has been if they allow him to go 200 innings he ends up with about 9 WAR.

6 hours ago, Safelykept said:

Gunner been in a slump so the Pitt GM would not even answer the phone

He’s OPSing .870 in last 5 games.

He’s OPSing .872 in last 10 Games.

League average is .707.

Sign me Up for slumpin’ Gunnar. 

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Stolen bases aside, it's rare that Burnes gives up 4 runs. Maybe 2 or 3 times all season? And 3 runs like 8-10 times. I dunno where to look for this stuff but what are the splits between Adley vs McCann on ER allowed or, even, walks allowed? I don't see Corbin being at all phased by a stolen base or which base a base runner is on, he has that much confidence in himself. The framing might be the reason why we see McCann catching him more. 
    • Of course I know you don’t care.  But it gets a little tiring that you keep bringing it up.  You don’t like Kevin Brown. We get it.  There are people who like AC/DC better than the Beatles.
    • Biggest question I have is what is his role. Even if he performs well it seems he is taking ABs from Mountcastle. I guess having him guarantees that we will have one of Eloy, RMC, or O'Hearn to pinch hit off the bench at the first opportunity. Seems like a bit of a waste but he didn't cost much of anything so I guess it's a nice luxury. 
    • Solid take.    All they need is a couple of decent months from him. Certainly possible. 
    • Happy to see for Estrada!  He's one of my favorites.  I thought they might leave him in low A all year but good to see the challenge. The Perguero move has to be either a mistake or a paper move.
    • Didn’t intend to pick a fight. But given how staunch OOO was in his beliefs about Holliday and in his ability to be right first, I wanted to know if he had begun to change his mind.
    • I liked the acquisition and said so at the time for many of the reasons stated above.  But it's way too early to make any sort of conclusion. So far I like his ABs and he's hitting the ball hard.  I said previously I think the comparisons to Aguilar are lazy and inaccurate.  But pretty much everything's been on the ground, which was the knock some had.  Let's say if the O's can do something to get him hitting some balls in the air.
  • Popular Contributors