Your All Time Favorite O's Catcher

sfosfan

My non-joke answer is Tettleton. Amazing how many of my favorite somethings in Orioles history were on that '89 team.

He hit one of the longest home runs I have ever seen live, as a Tiger in Camden Yards. The longest I have ever seen live might be the longest in OPACY history, it was the Straw to right-center field.

Mickey was one of those oppenents that made me feel like he was going to homer off us in every at-bat. Griffey and Mo Vaughn usually gave me the same feeling. I went to a game in Fenway where Mo hit 3 off us (and I felt this way BEFORE this game!) two were off Wells, the 3rd I can't recall. MAN, am I now off topic....

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No mention of Lenny Webster??? 5'11" 285 pounds. Money!

My real answer is probably Hoiles followed very closely by Tettleton since 1989 was my first year as a fan that we had some excitement.

And single handedly lost us a playoff game...;)

• 3 months later...
Pretty amazing that over a half-century, the best C the O's produced was Andy Etchebarren.

A strange bump for sure, but I just wanted to let people know that Andy Etchebarren will be appearing at the Bethesda Big Train game on Thursday night, as will former Red Sox manager Butch Hubson for Southern Maryland Blue Crabs' Night (he is the current manager and Etch the hitting coach there). In celebration of crabs, we're going to be giving away a crabcake every inning from Bobby's Crabcakes. It's also Bowling Night--we're going to have outdoor lawn bowling from 300 Shady Grove and the first 100 kids get bowling gift cards.

Hope you can join us! Great summer college baseball in the Cal Ripken, Sr. League!

MLB's anti youtube clip stance just sucks. There needs to be a video of Hoiles hitting that slam somewhere.

You're not kidding.

I may have to fire off another letter to Bud Selig to discusssion the meaning of "fan friendly"

No love for Elrod?

Weve had better catchers. Weve never had better people who were catchers. Thats all I have to say.

You can add one Johnny Lane Oates to this category Roy.

He was not with the O's long and did not really set the world of fire when he was, his career stats were nothing to write too much about, but "real people"!

Archived