Unconventional Thinking: A Quick Sell Off

ScGO's

Here me out

No one imagined losing all these pitchers and now I see all the suggestions about trading our top prospects for MLB arms and I'm having nightmares that were going to pull a Padres and waste the #1 system by making trigger happy trades

Elias (all of us) may have to accept that we just don't have the pitching to be WS contenders, nor can we justify selling off the system too early to try and rush it after the long rebuild 

We also have the problem of having too many position players including blocked prospects, and it's getting counter productive 

I'd rather sell  for some young pitching than buy MLB arms at the cost of our young guns. Do we trade Burnes for a top 100 pitcher prospect? Mountcastle for Woo? Trade Santander, Hays, Kimbrell, Urias, Mateo, Mullins, and O'hearn for controllable pitching pieces?

Let the young guns finish the season. They still might make playoffs. But overall we are better set for 25 and 26 as we cleared veteran road blocks in exchange for the to ng pitching we lack

In the off-season, sign Burnes and tweak the roster as needed, but overall, our young offense is probably set for years, and now we have pitching depth, Burnes, grod, woo, etc

Not saying they SHOULD do this, but if the slide continues, do they consider it?

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

Yes, the Orioles need lots of pitching and eventually, someday, something of a pitching pipeline from the minors. 

Yes, the Orioles should possibly trade Mountcastle and maybe one or two other veterans.

But it's a slump.  It doesn't mean they should punt the season.  And it doesn't mean they have to trade one of Holliday, Mayo or Basallo to get some good pieces to finish the season.

Yes we should be sellers if this continues much longer. Reevaluate at the trade deadline. The difference between a slump and a full-on collapse is about 20 games. If we're still bad at the end of the month, it's a collapse -- in that case, blow up the damn team. If we recover, continue to play for this year.

Just saying, if this slide continues and by the 31st they are looking up at the yanks and red Sox, they may need to consider this. 

I just don't know where the pitching is going to come from. I know they ain't hitting, that's not my worry although I do think trying to share all the ABs is putting these guys in a funk . I wasn't suggesting selling tonight, but Elias had to consider this route if they keep slipping over the next 10 or so games 

55 minutes ago, NattyO's said:

The responses from the veteran people on here is why i never post or respond to anything and anyone on here.

Yeah, some love looking to poop on things. Don't seem to want totry that style of thinking where you swill the idea around in order to explore or expand without necessarily accepting an idea. 

17 hours ago, NattyO's said:

The responses from the veteran people on here is why i never post or respond to anything and anyone on here.

You just did!

Are you serious? 🥲 Here’s a tear for your  🍺. Us veterans don’t know how we will be able to sleep tonight knowing this information.

@DFA_JR @blid 😂 ….hope you got your rocks off!

Edited by Roll Tide
  • Downvote 2