Will the Orioles offer Burnes a QO this off season ?

jem709

Will Orioles offer Burnes A QO this off season?  

140 members have voted

1. 1. Will Orioles offer Burnes A QO this off season?

• Yes
    • No

A more important question is...

Will Santander put up good enough 2nd half stats that we offer him the QO and he turns it down?

I would like to get the pick for him AND see him get a nice 3 year deal for big money from another club, as he deserves it. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'm not even sure you could offer Kimbrel one.

Kimbrel received a qualifying offer from the Red Sox before, which makes him ineligible for another one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Hays isn’t the same player now he was and even if he becomes a starter again, it wasn’t happening here. His play for over one full calendar year dictated he wasn’t a starter anymore.
    • For sure I am interested in how the estimated runs of difference between NYY and BAL is progressing as the year goes along leading up to 3 weeks from now and whatever comes after. I hope and trust Elias and Sig are sending some kind of reports to the league office.    140 games along the teams have played to basically a dead heat, and earlier this year it was tracking towards more than a 50 run difference. I know Mad Dog Russo says the game "needs" a NYY-LAD series, but come on now..   Jose the Magic Framer has lost his starting gig to Austin Wells.    I suppose it is possible Austin Wells is the greatest framer in baseball history too.
    • I didn’t think a sweep was ‘necessary’ before the series started, but after watching the Sox on the field the last two days - and especially last night - I now think it is, simply because losing to this team right now, at home, would be kind of pathetic. I have no idea how this team beat anybody 12-2, let alone the Yankees. Wild stuff. They might finish with 35 wins. 
    • Povich has had some really awful starts, such as the one against Oakland where he allowed 8 ER in 1 inning.  Judge him solely by that day and you’d say he’s as bad or worse than Nastrini.   But those three pitches that hit the backstop on the fly were like something out of a Steve Dalkowski documentary.  
    • I also wonder if it helps Cowser a bit to feel like the organization is giving him a longer leash. Knowing that the organization is willing to trade a starter from last year has to be a nice vote of confidence in the back of his mind. 
    • The start before while Povich was getting lit up by the Dodgers, Nastrini was holding Texas to 3 hits, one run, and get this, one walk in 6 innings.   Baseball is a funny game.
    • This is the Rangers' walk off last night. I watched from the 5th inning on, and Wegner was obviously giving Yankee pitchers an extra two inches on either side of the plate that Rangers pitchers were not getting. I'm convinced beyond reasonable doubt that home plate umps are (subconsciously?) giving NY the benefit of any and all doubts wrt balls and strikes because they know if they miss even one call that goes against the Yankees Boone will go nuclear. They've had seven years of his abuse and would rather not have to deal with it. That's the innocent explanation for why the Yankees get so many bad calls in their favor. There's a not so innocent explanation that we are all thinking from time to time.     
  • Popular Contributors