Grayson Rodriguez 2024

Spy Fox

3 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

I'm guessing you didn't say this in February but congrats if you did. IMO, lack of starting depth is a classic hindsight narrative.  

If we had brought in a Lorenzen type I can imagine the complaints about blocking Povich.

I was very happy w/ the Burnes acquisition, but I was not enamored with Means/Wells. I actually knew little to nothing about Suarez.

Did I say this back in February? I had some question marks around the back of the rotation. But I was probably not very boisterous around it.

27 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Suarez isn't chopped liver.  I'll go to battle with that dude in the regular season.  He's in our rotation.  What does it matter if he's #2 or #5 for the regular season?

This sucks, but we're alright.  We're passed the deadline.  Now it's time to dance with the girl you came with.  

Well, it's all handwringing now, of course. Nothing we can do. 

14 minutes ago, Sanfran327 said:

If our offense gets hot like Texas' did last year, we can win with Burnes, Eflin, Kremer, and Suarez. None of those guys are liabilities, and each is capable of spinning a gem. 

Kremer and suarez aren’t liabilities? Not to be rude but we must be watching different games

Just now, maybenxtyr said:

I'm a bit concerned for Kjerstad.  He took a pitch in probably one of the worst spots, if there's really a good spot to get hit. I hope he recovers and doesn't have any lingering issues.

Yes he is. I thought he was on Tides roster though. That part while not significant confuses me.  

I have hope that since it is retroactive to three days ago vs. yesterday means that they may not be losing their shit over it...unless they are just moving deck chairs but I don't know if that would make sense with the current 26 man and 40 man rosters. 

3 minutes ago, banks703 said:

I have hope that since it is retroactive to three days ago vs. yesterday means that they may not be losing their shit over it...unless they are just moving deck chairs but I don't know if that would make sense with the current 26 man and 40 man rosters. 

Wow. I didn’t even notice that when I posted it. 

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Elias on 105.7 said that they won’t know severity for a few days.

Blows my mind.  Few days because there is no advanced medical  technology available in the entire city?  Few days because the person reading the scan is on vacation in the Ozarks?  WTF is this acting like a third world operation?  This is big money, big business.  Get someone to determine what the scan said.  That's just stupid.  No way it takes three days to read a scan.  Lying.

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

He say anything else significant?

Yes he did.  Said we have a good pipeline of talented young position players that will feed the monster for decades to come.  He said he thinks by 2034 we will be perfectly positioned to take advantage of the great drafts in 2019.

• Downvote 1