8/7 @Toronto

eddie83

2 minutes ago, Uli2001 said:

First time I am hearing this. Why, is it because balls are hit more to the right of the fielder?

No it's because the direction in which he's throwing the ball to first.  Same reason you never see a left handed shortstop or third baseman.  If they were lefties their throws to first would be much weaker.  And this is a reason many first basemen are lefties.  Because they have to throw to their right, never their left.  If first base were where third base is then most infielders would be lefties.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, LookitsPuck said:

Hanover’s performance aside, this offense looks absolutely hapless against a mediocre starter. Tell me if you’ve heard this story before.

We have because many fans just complain even if they are wrong and the data clearly shows thus is one of best offenses in baseball.  

11 minutes ago, Dibbs31 said:

Larry Vanover is 68 years old. How the hell is he still allowed to be a MLB umpire?

Like I said.  It is embarrassing how such old looking fat guys are allowed to umpire (blame the Ump union) and why so many MLB managers look like old fat guys.  Compare that to the current NFL and soccer coaches around the world?

It is comparable.  No players these days, who spend all year staying in shape, respect old fat guys. 

Edited by OnlyOneOriole