CF options for 2025

OriolesMagic83

44 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Roberts has played 65 games and has a 0.3 War. 

Why on earth would we let a productive player like Mullins go to replace him with that?

Because his career isn’t defined by these 65 games and getting the hell out of Chicago is an immensely positive thing.  And he has some signs that things should be better.

Now, he’s not without risk and what I would trade for him now is less than I would have last year. He has injury issues and that was my concern in the offseason, even though I was vocal about getting him.

My guess is the deal I would trade for him wouldn’t get it done but the post asked for CF options and he will be an available option this for season.

He’s a youngish ,RH  power hitting Ofer with very good speed and above average defense. His contract, while “expensive” is cheap if he’s healthy and playing well..ala just last season.

He checks a lot of boxes in terms of what the Os are looking for.

If the Os deem him to be too risky or the WS still feel he’s worth multiple top 100 guys than a deal doesn’t get done and you move on. But if the Os see a lot of the positives and can find a good deal for the team, I think they should be all over it and if they did, I’m guessing you wouldn’t think it’s a bad idea.

Talk Kevin Pillar out of retirement.

With health I think the starting outfielders are as clear as the closer.

I do think OF4 might beat SP4 on Elias' priority list as he plots the off-season.

I hope Coby Mayo is Pete Alonso or Anthony Rizzo and we just point him in that direction if he has to give up 3B.

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

I think it’s unlikely he will ever be the full time RFer…but 50-70 starts a year?  Yea that can I see.

You feel this way because of lack athleticism, footspeed, injury risk or a better option? What keeps Mayo out of RF full-time?

There is few guys that you are free agents for LF not much for center.  So Cowser can move to center and add someone like Tyler O’Neil, Rob Refsnyder, Jurickson Profar.  I would want someone on a short contract 2 years or so.  

15 minutes ago, bpilktree67 said:

There is few guys that you are free agents for LF not much for center.  So Cowser can move to center and add someone like Tyler O’Neil, Rob Refsnyder, Jurickson Profar.  I would want someone on a short contract 2 years or so.  

Jurickson Profar is interesting with his high OBP (.393 right now).  God knows we need that.  No doubt he gets a multi year deal.  3 yr/$50 mill deal?  Just a guess.  He won't be cheap.  If the O's are signing someone in LF, then they are putting Kjerstad in RF.

5 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Jurickson Profar is interesting with his high OBP (.393 right now).  God knows we need that.  No doubt he gets a multi year deal.  3 yr/$50 mill deal?  Just a guess.  He won't be cheap.  If the O's are signing someone in LF, then they are putting Kjerstad in RF.

Thirty one year old coming off a career season.

17 minutes ago, orioles22 said:

Keep Mullins one more year and hope Honeycutt takes off next year and is ready for 2026.

This is where I’m at. Mullins is a solid player to have around…great defense and some speed on the bases. I don’t think we’ll ever see him repeat his outlier year, but that doesn’t mean he isn’t useful. But if Mullins is batting 8th or 9th in the lineup then it’s worth it for his defense. 

After that, you look to Bradfield and Honeycutt but that’s a problem for later. Right now, if you move Cowser to CF then you’ve created a hole in LF. Not worth overcomplicating things IMO

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

1.  Move Cowser to CF.

2.  Sign Hays for $4-5 mm to play LF.  I’m guessing the Phillies will non-tender him.  

3.  (Ducks.)

If you're afraid of what you say and have to duck, I was going to suggest they let Mullins switch-hit again.  (ducking)