A few things

bigbird

Fernando Cabrera-R-Indians Aug. 14 - 11:17 am et

Devil Rays claimed RHP Fernando Cabrera on release waivers.

Cabrera now has five days to decide whether he wants to join the Devil Rays or become a free agent, with all indications pointing to his joining the Tampa Bay bullpen. If they can get him turned around, Cabrera could potentially be a future closer for the Devil Rays.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fernando Cabrera-R-Indians Aug. 14 - 11:17 am et

Devil Rays claimed RHP Fernando Cabrera on release waivers.

Cabrera now has five days to decide whether he wants to join the Devil Rays or become a free agent, with all indications pointing to his joining the Tampa Bay bullpen. If they can get him turned around, Cabrera could potentially be a future closer for the Devil Rays.

Release waivers are almost pointless. The play can refuse the claim. It's all a matter of where FC wants to go.

Release waivers are almost pointless. The play can refuse the claim. It's all a matter of where FC wants to go.

Considering he could probably get more in FA than what the Indians would be paying him, I would think he would opt for that.

Read into these as little or as much as you want. Just spoke with my contact.

A few things he passed on:

He was not aware of the Weiters signing

Trade is in the works for Trachsel, sending him to an NL team

Good chance House is recalled

We're trying to sign Cabrera but he may go to a better team than the O's.

That's it

No Weiters signing

Still trying to deal Trax to Col

House was recalled

Cabrera still hasn't signed

Looks like he was pretty close with these. On the down side he told me signing Weiters is not looking good at this time. Duq layed the ground work but now everything is in McPhail's hands.

No Weiters signing

Still trying to deal Trax to Col

House was recalled

Cabrera still hasn't signed

Looks like he was pretty close with these. On the down side he told me signing Weiters is not looking good at this time. Duq layed the ground work but now everything is in McPhail's hands.

Not good...not good at all...but thanks BB.

Why can't Duq be allowed to finish it? I know MacPhail is in charge, but as far as we all know Duquette is still a member of the front office. If he made so many inroads with Boras, he should be the one getting the deal done, IMO.

Archived