Fangraphs updated top prospect list

Sports Guy

On 9/27/2024 at 7:22 AM, sportsfan8703 said:

Not that it matters, but for some reason I took a lot of heat for suggesting mid season that Basallo would end up #1.

It’s all good. We don’t have to agree 100% on everything. 

So, it doesn’t matter which list he is #1 on as long as it’s one list?    Fangraphs is clearly going to be an outlier.   It’s doubtful that Baseball America, Pipeline, ESPN, Just Baseball, The Athletic, etc., etc.  are going to have Basallo #1 based on previous rankings.

Fangraphs is the same place that didn’t have Cowser in our top 10.

I’ll give you a half pat on the back because someone had Basallo #1.   The full pat on the back comes when another major site does it.

32 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

So, it doesn’t matter which list he is #1 on as long as it’s one list?    Fangraphs is clearly going to be an outlier.   It’s doubtful that Baseball America, Pipeline, ESPN, Just Baseball, The Athletic, etc., etc.  are going to have Basallo #1 based on previous rankings.

Fangraphs is the same place that didn’t have Cowser in our top 10.

I’ll give you a half pat on the back because someone had Basallo #1.   The full pat on the back comes when another major site does it.

I think I saw he was 13th on the MLB list.

2 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

I think I saw he was 13th on the MLB list.

I’m pretty confident in saying that he won’t be the consensus #1 prospect like the others were.

Edited by RZNJ

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• I don't know why we're just going to ignore that hit on the hand against the Rangers. He was performing amazing up until that point, and even 2 weeks before. Immediately after he fell off a cliff.  Now, is that an "injury" if he didn't miss time? No. But is it also possible that it affected his bat speed, and he thought he'd just battle through it? Sure, I think so. Especially if it there wasn't pain. As said before, Elias and Hyde can't force him to go to the doctor, do blood tests, whatever. The initial x-rays were negative, but think folks need to realize that X-Rays aren't always conclusive that there isn't damage or you're not hurt.  Now, this wouldn't have impacted his framing bottom of the zone, since it hit his throwing hand. But this would definitely impact bat speed. Your torso generates so much of your speed, but your wrists play a non-insignificant part of it as well. So, wouldn't shock me that his wrists were never able to recuperate throughout the season. Even if he's not starting at C or even DHing, these guys swing all the time. 
    • Maybe he's not spending enough time with the girlfriend?  (Nudge, nudge, wink, wink). 🤣
    • What is it to me?  A really small sample size.  The worst teams in baseball can beat the best teams in baseball in a short series.  It happens.  It's disappointing, it's frustrating, and it doesn't absolve management and the front office from all of the decisions they made, but it's 5 games.  
    • Bautista returns. But can we assume he is the answer still?  He should be. But if we do not add someone who can close we would have an issue.    I don’t assume Grayson is set for a full year either so if you do not resign Burnes I think you need two SP at the top or the line. A #1 and either a #2 or #3.    And I think they need a RH bat with playoff experience and success.    That’s a lot, but that’s what we need in my opinion. 
    • Well, you can't make the playoffs if you're a 55-win team, so the first goal has to be able to win enough games to make the playoffs.  
    • I think Baltimore is the best fit. At least I hope so.
    • I agree with most all of that. What we need is a good Rh hitting speedy defender out there whose strength at the plate is contact and hitting to all fields. How easy will it be to find a guy like that? Probably not real easy. 
  • Popular Contributors