WC Playoff roster vs KC

eddie83

• eddie83 changed the title to WC Playoff roster
  • eddie83 changed the title to WC Playoff roster vs KC
2 minutes ago, Chromehill said:

With Suarez, they need someone to start game 1 on the ALDS.  Makes sense to leave him off the wildcard roster if he cannot be used.  

I was under the mistaken impression that the postseason roster had to be set at the beginning of the postseason and could only change due to injury. Did they change the rules?

10 minutes ago, Uli2001 said:

I was under the mistaken impression that the postseason roster had to be set at the beginning of the postseason and could only change due to injury. Did they change the rules?

You can change the roster after each series.  That way you can matchup lefties and righties depending on a teams strength.  An injury allows you to change mid series with a guy on the 40 man roster.  

1 minute ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I wouldn’t fret over relievers. We probably only need like 7 outs from them this series. 

Burnes and Eflin do their jobs well enough, that statement might actually apply to Dean Kremer, if necessary, Thursday.

The bullpen's gas tank could be anywhere around sundown tomorrow.

Selby over Bowman is a bit of a surprise, but Selby has looked good in his few outings with us and was with KC at the start of the season, so maybe he's here to give any inside information about the team. Who knows. I kind of feel bad for Bowman though since he's pitched well here besides that awful outing against the Yankees. 

But hey, it's the last reliever role so can't really fret over it. 

26 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

Selby over Bowman the only surprise.

Royals going with 11 pitchers, while we are going with 12.

The thinking might be that against the Royals, a team of slap hitters that don't strike out much, a guy who throws upper 90s might be effective than a lower 90s guy who relies on deception.