October 1st: Orioles vs Royals — Wild Card Playoff Game #1

ShoelesJoe

7 minutes ago, baltfan said:

We roughed up this exact pitcher.  We destroyed Gil.  Wheeler gave up 8 runs to us.  

That's why I said "built for the regular season". The level of pitching goes up considerably in the playoffs, as opposed to your run-of-the-mill Thursday afternoon getaway game.

2 minutes ago, allquixotic said:

This is nuts. We got a huge break that Ragans injured his leg and we still can’t get to their 7th inning reliever?

Just how snake bitten is this team exactly?

Snake bitten suggests bad luck..we don’t have bad luck..we are just bad,

You can't resign Adley when his contract is up. He won't be worth it at all. Witt coming up clutch when they need him. I'm going to be honest, this team was depressing to watch this year. The two top prospects we call up were terrible, Grayson got hurt again and looks like a number 3 starter, Adley has been terrible, and Henderson is anti-clutch when it matters most. Bradish and Means won't pitch until late next year, and who knows if they will be the same. 

We're going to get swept again, and I don't think we make the playoffs next year. Feel free to disagree, and I know I'm just frustrated and venting. But it's hard to watch this team lose over and over again when it matters.