October 1st: Orioles vs Royals — Wild Card Playoff Game #1

ShoelesJoe

To all of you who are having nightmares about what happened 10 years ago against the Royals - Let me ask this: Do you think we would have had a better chance today against Skubal and the Tigers the way we are hitting? 

IMO the entire second half showed that it is not about our opposition. We were equal opportunity bad (save for the Rockies, White Sox and that one Yankee series).

Just now, Bemorewins said:

To all of you who are having nightmares about what happened 10 years ago against the Royals - Let me ask this: Do you think we would have had a better chance today against Skubal and the Tigers the way we are hitting? 

IMO the entire second half showed that it is not about our opposition. We were equal opportunity bad (save for the Rockies, White Sox and that one Yankee series).

This isn’t about KC it’s about the Orioles. 

Need to step up tomorrow. 

1 minute ago, tntoriole said:

5 straight playoff losses to KC.  Is Mahomes hiding out somewhere?  Another quick exit as that was our best pitcher and best performance.. they were better. 

This team desperately needs another consistent big bat next year particularly if Santander leaves.. we don’t have a Judge, Ohtani, Murray, Frank Robinson star type .. Gunnar is good but not yet .. Adley a disappointment.. 

Even if Santander comes back he's nowhere near a superstar hitter.  Like others have said he hits home runs, but he's pretty average at everything else.  

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

They really are a bunch of head cases. They only played well  down the stetch when there was no pressure. 

Add in pressure. They tense up and suck. Sad. But it's who they are.

Can't blame Elias or Hyde. They have the talent, they just don't have the ability to control their emotions 

They are chokers. We've seen it all season and it's rightful that these chokers lose 1-0 in the first playoff games.

The pain will be over in 24 hours.   Then we can put our full faith in Harbaugh and the playoff juggernaut Ravens.  

2 minutes ago, Uli2001 said:

What do you mean you can't blame Hyde? That's literally the main job of a manager/head coach.

It's the hitting philosophy. Whether that's Hyde or Elias it's absolute trash

1 minute ago, Bemorewins said:

I agree with you.  It's not about the Royals, it's about how this team's hitting can just disappear, and obviously especially against a good pitcher.

4 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

5 straight playoff losses to KC.  Is Mahomes hiding out somewhere?  Another quick exit as that was our best pitcher and best performance.. they were better. 

This team desperately needs another consistent big bat next year particularly if Santander leaves.. we don’t have a Judge, Ohtani, Murray, Frank Robinson star type .. Gunnar is good but not yet .. Adley a disappointment.. 

All by one run or extra innings.

2 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

If that was the case they score a half dozen. Plenty of balls left in middle of plate. 

Middle of the plate doesn't mean bad pitch necessarily. It has to do with movement and deception, too.

1 minute ago, Bemorewins said:

It doesn’t matter who we face.  In the game’s biggest moments, these fraudsters come up small (not at all)

Just now, Wavetrapper said:

The pain will be over in 24 hours.   Then we can put our full faith in Harbaugh and the playoff juggernaut Ravens.  

I have WAY MORE confidence in the Ravens than I ever have in the Orioles! At least the Ravens put forth maximum effort from president down. They said we have an issue running the ball so we go get the best RB possible. Orioles saw bullpen was bad without Felix and got ... ??