Who Stays and Who Goes Early Guess

Carllamy

Although, signing an elite RH bat (think Teoscar Hernandez or someone like that) will be pretty difficult with the LF wall. It's the opposite of the problem we used to have with free agent pitchers. 

So... not sure what the solution to that is. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, interloper said:

Although, signing an elite RH bat (think Teoscar Hernandez or someone like that) will be pretty difficult with the LF wall. It's the opposite of the problem we used to have with free agent pitchers. 

Teoscar is who I'd like to see playing RF (or LF) too.  But Juan Soto would look pretty good out there as well.  Other than that I'm guessing Kjerstad is the guy for now.  Then they aim to get a right handed fourth outfielder better than Slater.

9 minutes ago, EddeeEddee said:

Teoscar is who I'd like to see playing RF (or LF) too.  But Juan Soto would look pretty good out there as well.  Other than that I'm guessing Kjerstad is the guy for now.  Then they aim to get a right handed fourth outfielder better than Slater.

Teoscar 31 year old in the bottom 7% in whif rate and can’t play defense - no thanks

Edited by DirtyBird
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, interloper said:

Exactly. That’s a tough sell on a rh hitter. 

3 hours ago, DirtyBird said:

I think you shop Mullins. He should have some value on the trade market with team looking to contend next year. Maybe try to get a decent RH 4th OF type w/ some speed and bat to ball skills and team control.

Then try to get Bradfield on track to come up in the second half of the season.

Mullins was the only Oriole that actually showed up to hit in the WC games, and he still plays strong defense.  I don't see how they can let Mullins go unless they believe Cowser can play CF full time or they replace him with someone like Cody Bellinger. 

I'd almost rather they trade Cowser since he'll have more trade value, and he's such a wildcard of a hitter.  And I don't see how they can assume Bradfield will be ready even to be a fourth outfielder next season.  

4 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

Teoscar 31 year old in the bottom 7% in whif rate and can’t play defense - no thanks

Teoscar's bWAR was 4.3 this season compared to Santander's 2.9.  He still gets on base at a much better clip than Santander with a higher overall OPS because of his much better BA.  I bet he's a better defender too.  Yeah he's a year or so older, but I can't think of a better right handed option.  

4 hours ago, DirtyBird said:

I think you shop Mullins. He should have some value on the trade market with team looking to contend next year. Maybe try to get a decent RH 4th OF type w/ some speed and bat to ball skills and team control.

Then try to get Bradfield on track to come up in the second half of the season.

You wanna try to trade our starting CF for a 4th OF?

4 minutes ago, EddeeEddee said:

Teoscar's bWAR was 4.3 this season compared to Santander's 2.9.  He still gets on base at a much better clip than Santander with a higher overall OPS because of his much better BA.  I bet he's a better defender too.  Yeah he's a year or so older, but I can't think of a better right handed option.  

I’m not interested in signing Santander either. But Teoscar’s defensive metrics are among the worst in the league.

I’d prefer a lower cost RH bat that matches up well vs lefties and can spray the ball over the field. I don’t really want to pay a bunch of money for an aging power bat that will block our young players.

Just now, DirtyBird said:

I’m not interested in signing Santander either. But Teoscar’s defensive metrics are among the worst in the league.

I’d prefer a lower cost RH bat that matches up well vs lefties and can spray the ball over the field. I don’t really want to pay a bunch of money for an aging power bat that will block our young players.

I don't think we have any young right handed outfielders that are considered ready for next season.  The only outfielder on the team that can maybe replace Santander's production next season is Kjerstad. 

Maybe they'll do a trade.  Teoscar is probably the best hitting FA RH OF but don't have time to really look into it now.

3 minutes ago, EddeeEddee said:

I don't think we have any young right handed outfielders that are considered ready for next season.  The only outfielder on the team that can maybe replace Santander's production next season is Kjerstad. 

Maybe they'll do a trade.  Teoscar is probably the best hitting FA RH OF but don't have time to really look into it now.

You don’t need to directly replace Santander’s production to improve the offense.