6/21 Orioles at Philadelphia

O-The-Memories

Please don't let this be a repeat of last night with all the stranded runners. Andino at least battled, which is more than I can say about Wieters and Mora that inning. I'd like for our hitters to see a few more pitches today. Hamels has been starting off most hitters with off-speed pitches.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Please don't let this be a repeat of last night with all the stranded runners. Andino at least battled, which is more than I can say about Wieters and Mora that inning. I'd like for our hitters to see a few more pitches today. Hamels has been starting off most hitters with off-speed pitches.

Well it's the same Guthrie... Does anyone think we should try him in the pen?

Well it's the same Guthrie... Does anyone think we should try him in the pen?

Considering that his trend has been to get hit hard in the first two innings and then settle in for the next 4-5 innings, I think trying him in the pen would not be a great idea.

Considering that his trend has been to get hit hard in the first two innings and then settle in for the next 4-5 innings, I think trying him in the pen would not be a great idea.

Good point, so do we trade him or just keep him here and try to limit the damage? I say we trade him for Trashel.:laughlol:

I think we should keep Guthrie unless we get blown away by an offer. We still have plenty of question marks in our rotation, and Guthrie has been solid for us the last two years. It could still be that the WBC messed him up this year.

If Guthrie can make Hamels throw five pitches, so can everyone else:)

Archived