7/7 - O's @ M's... Can we solve Bedard?

The Rick

So if we can't hit Bedard tonight will the same morons be saying its because the hitters are lazy just like last night and not playing hard?

Uh last time I checked we got Bedard for 2 runs in the first inning. We got 1 hit against Washburn. Big difference.

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There isn't a single trainer, pitching coach or manager on this site, but a lot of guys sure slept in a Holiday Inn Express last night. Love the ridiculous melt downs!:rolleyes:

Kranitz came out and the first thing he said was, "Are you alright?"

So there's pretty obviously something strange going on with his delivery.

Palmer thinks he does, and he has said at least 5 times that there's something wrong with Guthrie.

I think it's pretty obvious that he's not right.

First off, Palmer never said Guthrie was hurt or in danger of hurting himself. Nor did he sound all excited or upset about it. If Palmer thought they were risking Guthrie's health, he'd be saying it out loud. Say what you want about Palmer, but he's not exactly shy and afraid to say what he thinks. So, quit putting words in his mouth.

Second off, Palmer said there is something not right, but then said sometimes you just don't have it. He also said that Guts has enough to get out of it by actually pitching even when he's not right. He called this a learning experience.

Third off, Guthrie got out of it just fine. It was a 13p inning. So, howsabout if everybody quits yelling and wetting your pants. Both Palmer and the P-coach are cool as a cucumber. Take lessons from them.

So, what'd Trem get thrown out for? Was is the Reimold thing (which I missed)?
Yeah, he accepted, but complained, about the call initially, then came out during the commercial break. He was screaming "so you're telling me my guy didn't run hard" at the ump when he got tossed.

Man, I really want us to sign Bedard this offseason. I don't care if it costs a young kid a spot. He's filthy when he's healthy. Keep Berken, Koji, or Hernandez in the bullpen, then when he missed 6 starts they can make those starts. He's simply too dominant to not consider signing.

Especially if we trade Guthrie.

Glad to see our hitters in the usual form. Haven't seen them look this bad since...last night. One solid hit by Scott and a ton of K's. I've never applauded a Wigginton fly out until tonight. :)

How soon you forget...

Bedard used to do this for us against opposing teams and we'd praise Bedard.

Good pitching beats good hitting (ive now said this twice today...hopefully im right :laughlol:)

First off, Palmer never said Guthrie was hurt or in danger of hurting himself. Nor did he sound all excited or upset about it. If Palmer thought they were risking Guthrie's health, he'd be saying it out loud. Say what you want about Palmer, but he's not exactly shy and afraid to say what he thinks. So, quit putting words in his mouth.

Second off, Palmer said there is something not right, but then said sometimes you just don't have it. He also said that Guts has enough to get out of it by actually pitching even when he's not right. He called this a learning experience.

Third off, Guthrie got out of it just fine. So, howsabout if everybody quits yelling and wetting your pants. Both Palmer and the P-coach are cool as a cucumber. Take lessons from them.

Can I not express concern for Guthrie's health given the status of our pitching staff without "wetting my pants?"

It's not about him getting hit, it's about his health of his arm.

Archived