July 25th: Baltimore Orioles vs. Boston Red Sox

Mooreisbetter27

I just don't understand out team.

Do other teams go into such extreme streaks of poor hitting?

Or for that matter, extreme streaks of poor pitching? Because we do that too.

All i know is that Jon Lester is REALLY good. What I also know is that Huff has been terrible this year, Wiggy hasn't hit lefties like he has in the past, and Mora has reached the end of his rope. Add to that the fact that AJ is very average against lefties and Kakes has struggled all year against them. And finally, Wieters and Reimold are still getting a feel for the majors and to expect them to perform well against Lester after only facing him a few times is a tall order.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All i know is that Jon Lester is REALLY good. What I also know is that Huff has been terrible this year, Wiggy hasn't hit lefties like he has in the past, and Mora has reached the end of his rope. Add to that the fact that AJ is very average against lefties and Kakes has struggled all year against them. And finally, Wieters and Reimold are still getting a feel for the majors and to expect them to perform well against Lester after only facing him a few times is a tall order.

Believe me, I understand. But we faced a very underwhelming Brad Penny last night and managed 1 run. So I'm not just referring to this game.

I just feel like we have more talent then we're displaying. We shouldn't be going into these ridiculous slumps with the talent in our line-up.

Believe me, I understand. But we faced a very underwhelming Brad Penny last night and managed 1 run. So I'm not just referring to this game.

I just feel like we have more talent then we're displaying. We shouldn't be going into these ridiculous slumps with the talent in our line-up.

Care to explain how a guy throwing strikes at 97-98 all night, was underwhelming.

Care to explain how a guy throwing strikes at 97-98 all night, was underwhelming.

I meant the extent he's pitched at all year. Until he torched us, his ERA was close to 5. We had already hit him hard earlier and got him for 8 runs earlier in the year.

When I say underwhelming, I'm referring to in reference to the rest of what we're gonna face when it comes to Boston. Who would you rather face Lester, Wakefield, Beckett or Penny?

Penny should've been the easiest part of this rotation and instead he shut us down for 1 run.

Just because you throw 97-98 doesn't mean you are overwhelming. Heck, Daniel Cabrera did that.

And btw, I made a note to see when he stopped hitting 97-98 and from when I was watching he starting hitting 96 in the 4th.

I will admit I didn't see the whole game but the parts I saw seemed to show his velocity dropped by the 4th. So he wasn't hitting 97-98 from what I saw.

But, like I said I didn't see the whole game so I could be wrong. Don't hold that against me. :)

I meant the extent he's pitched at all year. Until he torched us, his ERA was close to 5. We had already hit him hard earlier and got him for 8 runs earlier in the year.

When I say underwhelming, I'm referring to in reference to the rest of what we're gonna face when it comes to Boston. Who would you rather face Lester, Wakefield, Beckett or Penny?

Penny should've been the easiest part of this rotation and instead he shut us down for 1 run.

Just because you throw 97-98 doesn't mean you are overwhelming. Heck, Daniel Cabrera did that.

Penny pitched a great game last night. He was in the strike zone all the time, and unlike DCab he didn't walk anyone. He may not have been sharp on other occasions, but he was on last night.

Archived