Reimold for Kyle Blanks?

wildcard

Blanks looks like a really scary hitter at 6'6' and 270 pound. He has had a good start in the majors and he can apparently field first base. The Padres have a hole in rightfield and while I would hate to trade Reimold, next year he looks like a DH because three other guys that can play the outfield better then he can. I think this looks like a trade that MacPhail might make.

I know a lot of people would like to have AG but he may not be trade because he is a hometown boy and the face for the franchise. And if he is traded then the O's would be competing with about 10 other teams to try and get him.

What do you think of Reimold for Blanks?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Makes perfect sense except that I think SD would not trade Blanks for Reimold straight up. He is on the cusp of beasthood, he's three years younger than Reimold, and I think that he can field.

It would probably take a pretty good young pitcher as well.

Berken yes, Bergesen no, Erbe if you really twisted my arm.

Makes perfect sense except that I think SD would not trade Blanks for Reimold straight up. He is on the cusp of beasthood, he's three years younger than Reimold, and I think that he can field.

It would probably take a pretty good young pitcher as well.

Berken yes, Bergesen no, Erbe if you really twisted my arm.

Yea, all though I think it would be perfect for us, I think Blanks has a lot more value. I think throwing in Erbe, even though I would hate to lose him, would be enough to get it done. If it could be done with Berken, I would be ecstatic.

Reimold has shown that not only does he belong but that he's a valuable addition. I've enjoyed his really mature AB's as he's got a strike zone understanding and patience that makes him stand out - if his injuries hadn't kept him down on the farm we might be looking at a very accomplished professional batter, and I think it's only going to get better.

That said, he's one of the few really good spare parts we have. It'll pain me to lose him but it wouldn't surprise me if he's a chip in another big AM move. I hope it's worth it.

I doubt Blanks is going anywhere with Gonzalez so close to FA. Gonzalez would probably be easier to pry away IMO as far as SD's willingness to trade.

I don't get why it's a good move for the O's to gut the system for a player whom the Padres are expecting to go FA. If they don't like the chances of extending him, why assume that the O's would be able to do it?

Reimold for Blanks? I really like Reimold. I would have to watch Blanks play some more but I actually would lean towards a no on that one. First of all, how is Blanks defense at 1B? He obviously hasn't played much if any with the Pads. What are the reports? Also, despite some nice numbers, I see 55 strikeouts in 148 AB's. Maybe this is this year's Chris Davis. A guy with holes in his swing that gets exploited eventually.

Couldn't you said that exact same statement about Reimold next year also? :scratchchinhmm:

Archived