Roch: Hendrickson to take Matusz's spot

JTrea81

Well who gives us a better chance to win, Mark Hendrickson with a 6.35 ERA as a starter or Rodgrio Lopez with a 3.62 ERA?

We know Hendrickson is going to stink and not be able to give us 5 IP. So why not give Lopez a shot? What do we have to lose?

About $50,000.

What do we have to gain? And is that gain worth the effort?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What do you care about winning Mr. "I almost wish we could forfeit the rest of the season if it would get us (Bryce) Harper."?

It won't and I'd rather not have guys like Wieters get used to losing.

Besides, why should fans even show up to watch this team if MacPhail has mailed it in?

And why should the players show up if winning games isn't important?

If you are going to shut Matusz down, at least try to put a pitcher in there that has a chance of pitching 7 innings.

It won't and I'd rather not have guys like Wieters get used to losing.

Besides, why should fans even show up to watch this team if MacPhail has mailed it in?

And why should the players show up if winning games isn't important?

If you are going to shut Matusz down, at least try to put a pitcher in there that has a chance of pitching 7 innings.

Who on this staff has the capabilities of doing that? Matusz? Oh wait. Maybe Bergesen? Oh wait. What about Guthrie? But we only have one of him. Hmmm.

Matusz is missing FOUR starts. Who cares how those 4 starts go. We are just trying to finish the season. The blueprint is set for 2010 and that is what matters.

Do you really think people will come to the games because we bring in Rodrigo Lopez. Attendance is going to suck and everyone knows that. There isnt a pitch they could put in Matusz' spot that will make me watch the game.

About $50,000.

What do we have to gain? And is that gain worth the effort?

By putting Hendrickson in the rotation, it pretty much signals that you've mailed in the season IMO and you should expect about the same effort out of your players.

That's the losing mentality that we have to get rid of.

MacPhail isn't helping matters...

By putting Hendrickson in the rotation, it pretty much signals that you've mailed in the season IMO and you should expect about the same effort out of your players.

Because any of the other options don't signal that? Signing someone from outside the organization signals the same thing. They must be great if they are a free agent in September!!!! :rolleyes:

The losing mentality will be gone with Tillman and Matusz in the rotation all year long.

We are down Jones, Pie, Bergesen, and Matusz now. Times are going to be rough.

Let's pretend for a second that you even believe this.

Again I point out that just weeks ago you were typing "I almost wish we could forfeit the rest of the season if it would get us Harper".

So what is it exactly that you're complaining about tonight again?

Does the term small sample size mean anything to you? How about the fact that it was in the no-DH league? Heck, maybe we can get Philly to trade us Moyer?;)

Or we could get the recently demoted Andrew Carpenter, because, you know, he was on the World Series Champion Phillies. That would definitely show the fans that we care about winning. :D

Does the term small sample size mean anything to you? How about the fact that it was in the no-DH league? Heck, maybe we can get Philly to trade us Moyer?;)

Yeah, sign Moyer too, but, ONLY if Billy Beane is also interested in him. After all, Billy knows...... :D

Let's pretend for a second that you even believe this.

Again I point out that just weeks ago you were typing "I almost wish we could forfeit the rest of the season if it would get us Harper".

So what is it exactly that you're complaining about tonight again?

Guess I'm just sick of the losing and losing mentality on this team, and putting Hendrickson in instead of making an actual effort to try to salvage any part of September does not help that one bit.

It's being lazy IMO and that's not what I expect from MacPhail. He's got to earn his check for 162 games just like the players.

What he's doing isn't fair to the fans, the team or Dave Trembley IMO. There are better options than Mark Hendrickson to finish out the season even if he wants to shut Matusz down.

Instead of going down fighting like San Diego for example where their players are being taught to win, we are going out with our tail between our legs and head down. That's not an example I want to see set for our younger guys.

Sadly MacPhail doesn't seem to care about setting that example...

Guess I'm just sick of the losing and losing mentality on this team, and putting Hendrickson in instead of making an actual effort to try to salvage any part of September does not help that one bit.

It's being lazy IMO and that's not what I expect from MacPhail. He's got to earn his check for 162 games just like the players.

What he's doing isn't fair to the fans, the team or Dave Trembley IMO. There are better options than Mark Hendrickson to finish out the season even if he wants to shut Matusz down.

Instead of going down fighting like San Diego for example where their players are being taught to win, we are going out with our tail between our legs and head down. That's not an example I want to see set for our younger guys.

Andy MacPhail's working 25 hours a day, eight days a week to lose games on purpose to make the other half of your split personality happy and these kinds of threads are the thanks he gets. :rolleyes:

Sheesh

This is but mere speculation on your part and IMO violates rule 5 of the board:

5. Posts containing slanderous or [b]otherwise disrespectful messages [/b]will be removed. This includes name calling of other posters, Orioles players, coaches, front office personnel, members of the media, or Hangout staff.

It is MacPhail's job to establish a winning environment and everything he has done is working towards that.

The only reason this rotation spot is being handed to Hendrickson is because Bergesen is injured. If Bergesen had never been injured, Matusz never sees the majors and we don't have to worry about shutting him down.

And what losing mentality are you talking about? The same mentality that helped the team take 2 of 3 from New York in New York.

Since the team really isn't playing for much, I have no problem with Hendrickson.

Hendrickson is a mediocre starter. Anyone whom the Orioles would pick up would be a mediocre starter.

Why waste the extra dough?

I wonder what will happen with Tillman when/if he gets shut down...Danys Baez? ;)

And no, it isn't going to change any culture of anything. It's two weeks, the losing has already happened...it's clinched. Keep the guys healthy and focus on winning right out of spring training in 2010.

This is but mere speculation on your part and IMO violates rule 5 of the board:
5. Posts containing slanderous or [b]otherwise disrespectful messages [/b]will be removed. This includes name calling of other posters, Orioles players, coaches, front office personnel, members of the media, or Hangout staff.

Saying MacPhail doesn't seem to care is slander? Come on. I know the guy is revered around here, but that's a little too far IMO.

It's not like I'm calling him a name or something. I'm just saying his actions or lack there of make it seem like he doesn't care if the Orioles lose the majority of their games.

Archived