Prospect # 11 : RHP - Jesse Beal

Tony-OH

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Its a sign of lack of depth that we're already reaching for Beal. I'm not surprised but I am concerned.

I think it is pretty common to be discussing potential by the time you reach this stage in a prospect list. If the scouts seem high on them and the guy has a high grounder rate, then you know Tony is going to like him over other "potential" prospects. The list is basically hitting on C+ talents, which are basically guys who have a tool or two and may break out. Along with guys who are pretty marginal, but are good enough to see time as a bench player. Beal belongs in the former category. He has a tool and he might learn how to use it at a MLB level.

I will say this for Beal, he's very young. At the same age (18), Bergesen pitched only 5.2 innings at Bluefield, and he spent the next year at Aberdeen posting a 4.82 ERA. Britton pitched at Bluefield to a 5.29 ERA, 1.62 WHIP and 5.6 K/9, and then pitched in Aberdeen at age 19. If Beal was able to put up decent numbers at Delmarva next year, he'd be pretty far ahead of the game.

Archived