Yet Another Sad Day For Baseball

millertime

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This thread should be titled how can we develop talent like the Yankees not "life is unfair"

We are closer to the Pirates than the Yankees

You are correct

And i am thankful for that

I want no talent like the Yankees

Once upon a time they won with honor

but not now

They are the symbol of all that is wrong in baseball

The Yankees and the Red Sox could go out of business tomorrow and we would still stink. We were a poorly run franchise for at least a decade. That's why we stink. Take the 36 games out that we play against those two teams and we are still not sniffing .500.

Chill out man...no need for the harsh words. Don't get me wrong, I am excited about the group of core young players the Orioles have but you talk about slotting in the draft? Imagine if the Orioles decided that Wieters asking price was too high and so did most other small market teams, then what happens? He goes to a team like the Red Sox or the Yankees because they don't care how much money they spend. They same thing could have easily happened with Strausburg this year. There is no slotting system which is yet another sign of how totally screwed up the system is. For arguement's sake...let's say Wieters or Strausburg was being ridiculous and asking for $25 million. Do you think the Yankees would pass up on someone of their talent for what would be chmup change for them?

Wow my point went way over your head. My point was that we cant complain about the Yankees overpaying when we are paying WAY over for players too. You cant love our overpaid draft picks and hate the Yankees overpaid free agents. Richer teams passed on Wieters and Arrieta and we singed them way over slot. We were cheap on the free agents though

I wouldn't have minded if it was a pop out to short to end the game... but it was a ground out to first. Not only does (___) win it all like he wanted to, but (___) GETS THE F***ING GAME WINNING BALL!!! :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire:

You are correct

And i am thankful for that

I want no talent like the Yankees

Once upon a time they won with honor

but not now

They are the symbol of all that is wrong in baseball

This poster doesnt want titles. How many people do the Yankees have left over from 96... Where they drafted and developed. At least 2 you could argue 3.

Jeter, Mo and Pettite.

How many Orioles have been around since 05?

Player development means something.

I wouldn't have minded if it was a pop out to short to end the game... but it was a ground out to first. Not only does (___) win it all like he wanted to, but (___) GETS THE F***ING GAME WINNING BALL!!! :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire:

I am still waiting for the knockout offer that jtrea said we had... His favorite player was Mattingly he wanted join a winning organization. Issue?

Why? Who cares he did steroids years ago? We had more roiders than anyone and we still sucked. The first player caught? Alex Sanchez

Yes but I did not cheer them on.

I guess it is a moral thing to me

How do you know that he has stopped??

He only came clean when he had to

every yankee fan or red sox fan that i ever come in contact with I let them know what my opinion is of there so-called heroes

I ask them if they want little jhonny to grow up and and be just like

arod or big poppy or manny or clemens

they ussually look away and sneak out of the room

I don't get it. He wanted to play for the Yankees and did. Nobody would be mad if Vlad had gotten the last out and the Angels were winning the Series. If we hated everyone who could have come here and didn't we'd be playing the hate game all day. He wanted a ring and he got one. Not the end of the world. Someday Wieters will have a ring too.

I don't get it. He wanted to play for the Yankees and did. Nobody would be mad if Vlad had gotten the last out and the Angels were winning the Series. If we hated everyone who could have come here and didn't we'd be playing the hate game all day. He wanted a ring and he got one. Not the end of the world. Someday Wieters will have a ring too.

Yeah...probably for the Yankees because when it comes time to sign Wieters to a long term deal, the Yankees will outbid the Orioles for him.

Yes but I did not cheer them on.

I guess it is a moral thing to me

How do you know that he has stopped??

He only came clean when he had to

every yankee fan or red sox fan that i ever come in contact with I let them know what my opinion is of there so-called heroes

I ask them if they want little jhonny to grow up and and be just like

arod or big poppy or manny or clemens

they ussually look away and sneak out of the room

Is this seious? How about the legacy of Tejada.

Or Palmeiro

Or Brian ROberts?

Or Segui

Or Bigbie?

Or Gibbons?

Or Mora?

or not being over .500 in over a decade

continue please...

I am still waiting for the knockout offer that jtrea said we had... His favorite player was Mattingly he wanted join a winning organization. Issue?

The Orioles never had a chance of signing him. Am I piping mad?!?! no of course not... but that's the first thing I thought of when the last out was made... "That jack*** not only wins the WS, but gets the game winning ball..." A small, but felt slap in the face.

Archived