Chris Tillman: To trade or not to trade?

JTrea81

We were never talking about their MLB stats, this was prospect comparison...not MLB...we were talking how they were both regarded as virtually the same prospects coming through the system.

I'm staying up I think it's past your bedtime, you just opened up another can of worms, that was out of the blue and random.

Had to give some kind of #s didn't you? Sorry to break the news, they weren't even relevant to the subject and what we were talking about....

Lol, try to keep up cupcake. I said that they were the only stats that mattered. What they did in the minors really doesn't mean much if they are producing in the majors.

BTW, I don't know your age, I just assumed you were in the 5th grade based upon your cognitive and writing skills.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tejada was a year removed from an MVP season. Pamero was coming off a season where he hit 38 homeruns and had 112 RBI. Lopez was coming off a season in which he had 43 homeruns and 109 RBI as a catcher. Now I'll admit that M-Cab is better than those three individually, but to say he is another group is insane and I would like to know your logic behind it. The 2003 Orioles won seven more games than the 2009 Orioles. How are we such a different team?

We didnt have a core of Matusz, Wieters, Reimold, Pie, Markakis, Jones, Roberts, Guthrie, Bergesen, Tillman...ect.

the only reason we lost so much last year was because we were all rookies! WE had sooo many debuts.

Lol, try to keep up cupcake. I said that they were the only stats that mattered. What they did in the minors really doesn't mean much if they are producing in the majors.

BTW, I don't know your age, I just assumed you were in the 5th grade based upon your cognitive and writing skills.

And I'll say you're in the 4th grade based on you lame analogies???? Is that correct?:scratchchinhmm:

And I'm not so sure purple is your color...lol I'm kidding with you

A la Rich Hill, Old fan
What Tillman got? A curveball? IF you want that go with Rich Hill...Tillman needs to get out of the top of the strike zone, this is why scouts say he will be a flyball pitcher with an enourmous HR tally. Ship him to Det, where the field is bigger.
Rich Hills curve ball is great, but thats about the only thing he has. Bedard has a wicked on also, so I agree, he isn't watching many other teams
So does Rich Hill Old fan? Do you think Rich Hill is going to the HOF? I don't think so. Sarfate's curve is wicked. You can't pitch off a curve, and only a curve.
Penns name was out there too in 2005, but Tillman has a better curve. But hey, Rich Hill has a curve.
WE were discussing pitching with only a curveball, and someone said well look at Rich Hill, that's all he does, and look where it got him :)

I don't think anyone has mention Rich Hill.

We didnt have a core of Matusz, Wieters, Reimold, Pie, Markakis, Jones, Roberts, Guthrie, Bergesen, Tillman...ect.

the only reason we lost so much last year was because we were all rookies! WE had sooo many debuts.

You use the same logic to trade our rookies as you do as to why we are different team. You say we can trust our rookies so we need to trade them, but we are different because we have have good rookies. You can't have your cake and eat it too. You need to compliment what we already have and could have, when the time is right, not replace what we could have.

I said that someone had mentioned him, and so I went onto to say how he is all curve/no other pitches and that he suffers from it.

Especially when he can't locate the curve

I know, I got it the first six times you posted it. Thanks for the clarification with the seventh.

This is from From Camden Chat. He was a former top pitching prospect like Tillman.

Tillman Minor League carrer lines in wins losses and ERA:

Minor League Totals - 29 24 3.80

Hayden Penn's Minor League carrer line in wins losses and ERA:

Minor League Totals - 34 32 3.90

Hooded viper that ERA is very much the same. Both were top pitching prospects...I ahve no idea what you are talking about

*Stats from thebaseballcube.com

First off, Baseball Cube is missing a chunk of Penn's 2004 season when he was at Delmarva. Penn's actual record is 38-33 with a 3.86 ERA.

Secondly, you're comparing Penn's stats over the course of 7 seasons in the minors to Tillman's 4 seasons in the minors and saying they're the same. This is an important thing to point out because it shows that they aren't the same. Tillman has had way more success than Penn has.

Tell me one guy in the entire Orioles organization within the past

20 years who had a curve as good as Tillman's. (Other than Mussina or Olson and possibly Bedard). You cannot do it because there hasn't been anyone.

So let me get this straight... You're asking who had the 4th best curve in the organization in the last 20 years so you can compare it to Tillman to prove your lame point?

What a maroon!

I don't think a team in our position can truly say that there is a player on the roster that isn't tradable in the right deal. The problem is ALWAYS getting enough in return to justify what you are sending out. Name a player on the team that you wouldn't trade for Pujols (with an extension). The problem with that one would obviously be how many players we would have to send over there.

What Tillman got? A curveball? IF you want that go with Rich Hill...Tillman needs to get out of the top of the strike zone, this is why scouts say he will be a flyball pitcher with an enourmous HR tally. Ship him to Det, where the field is bigger.

He's TWENTY ONE.

Relax, Tillman's got plenty more than just a curveball.

Archived