Most likely steroids-linked player to enter the hall?

Trinidad

Most likely Steroids-Linked Player to eventually enter the Hall of Fame?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Most likely Steroids-Linked Player to eventually enter the Hall of Fame?

• Barry Bonds
    • Sammy Sosa
    • Mark Mcgwire
    • Alex Rodriguez
    • Roger Clemens
    • Manny Ramirez
    • Rafael Palmeiro
    • Miguel Tejada
    • Juan Gonzalez
    • Mike Piazza

What player who has been linked either through leaks from MLB lawyers, suspensions, or self admitted players has the most likely shot to enter the hall?

Tough choice, but I say A-Rod

Won't be Arod, he will be 35 this season and, barring injury, there is no reason to assume he will stop playing untill he is over 40. That puts him somewhere around the class of 2021. Someone will get in before that, it might be Sheffield or Petitte but someone will make it before then.

Just saw the choices, of those Piazza for sure makes it in first. As for Bonds Ty, too many folks hate him too much and neither him nor Clemens look to be close to admitting use.

Won't be Arod, he will be 35 this season and, barring injury, there is no reason to assume he will stop playing untill he is over 40. That puts him somewhere around the class of 2021. Someone will get in before that, it might be Sheffield or Petitte but someone will make it before then.

Just saw the choices, of those Piazza for sure makes it in first. As for Bonds Ty, too many folks hate him too much and neither him nor Clemens look to be close to admitting use.

I bet Piazza has a hard time getting in, too many voters right now are so anti-steroids that it will be tough for anyone. I expect this to soften over time, and 10 years or so, when A-Rod becomes eligible seems about right.:D

Also, another name I forgot to List is Ivan Rodriguez. Does he have a chance?

I said A-Rod because he came clean quickly after he was accused. Bonds would have been a Hall of Famer if he'd never touched the stuff, but his stonewalling and denials, coupled with his generally surly attitude towardsw the media, will keep him out for a long time I think.

I didn't know Piazza was linked. He is definitely going into the HOF on the 1st ballot.

From Jeff Perlman's book on Roger Clemens"

As the hundreds of major league ballplayers who turned to performance-enhancing drugs throughout the 1990s did their absolute best to keep the media at arm's length, Piazza took the opposite approach. According to several sources, when the subject of performance enhancing was broached with reporters he especially trusted, Piazza fessed up. "Sure, I use," he told one. "But in limited doses, and not all that often." (Piazza has denied using performance-enhancing drugs, but there has always been speculation.) Whether or not it was Piazza's intent, the tactic was brilliant: By letting the media know, of the record, Piazza made the information that much harder to report. Writers saw his bulging muscles, his acne-covered back. They certainly heard the under-the-breath comments from other major league players, some who considered Piazza's success to be 100 percent chemically delivered. "He's a guy who did it, and everybody knows it," says Reggie Jefferson, the longtime major league first baseman. "It's amazing how all these names, like Roger Clemens, are brought up, yet Mike Piazza goes untouched."

"There was nothing more obvious than Mike on steroids," says another major league veteran who played against Piazza for years. "Everyone talked about it, everyone knew it. Guys on my team, guys on the Mets. A lot of us came up playing against Mike, so we knew what he looked like back in the day. Frankly, he sucked on the field. Just sucked. After his body changed, he was entirely different. 'Power from nowhere,' we called it."

When asked, on a scale of 1 to 10, to grade the odds that Piazza had used performance enhancers, the player doesn't pause.

"A 12," he says. "Maybe a 13."

http://deadspin.com/5180679/mike-piazza-the-back-acne-was-the-least-of-it

As the hundreds of major league ballplayers who turned to performance-enhancing drugs throughout the 1990s did their absolute best to keep the media at arm's length, Piazza took the opposite approach. According to several sources, when the subject of performance enhancing was broached with reporters he especially trusted, Piazza fessed up. "Sure, I use," he told one. "But in limited doses, and not all that often." (Piazza has denied using performance-enhancing drugs, but there has always been speculation.) Whether or not it was Piazza's intent, the tactic was brilliant: By letting the media know, of the record, Piazza made the information that much harder to report. Writers saw his bulging muscles, his acne-covered back. They certainly heard the under-the-breath comments from other major league players, some who considered Piazza's success to be 100 percent chemically delivered. "He's a guy who did it, and everybody knows it," says Reggie Jefferson, the longtime major league first baseman. "It's amazing how all these names, like Roger Clemens, are brought up, yet Mike Piazza goes untouched."

"There was nothing more obvious than Mike on steroids," says another major league veteran who played against Piazza for years. "Everyone talked about it, everyone knew it. Guys on my team, guys on the Mets. A lot of us came up playing against Mike, so we knew what he looked like back in the day. Frankly, he sucked on the field. Just sucked. After his body changed, he was entirely different. 'Power from nowhere,' we called it."

When asked, on a scale of 1 to 10, to grade the odds that Piazza had used performance enhancers, the player doesn't pause.

News to me. Most have used before he even came into the MLB because he was a stud prospect in the minors.

Heh i have terrible back acne too but I'm not on roids.

News to me. Most have used before he even came into the MLB because he was a stud prospect in the minors.

Look at the jump between A and A-Adv. He started off as one type of player and turned into a monster power prospect in a year's time.

Look at the jump between A and A-Adv. He started off as one type of player and turned into a monster power prospect in a year's time.

I see 1989 .0404 HR per AB

1990 .022 HR per AB

1991 .064 HR per AB

It is a dramatic jump, but he was Age 20/21/22 for those years and a catcher at that.

Maybe he did do steroids. I won't be shocked to find out...but I won't be shocked if he was clean.

Archived