Sweet, W&M to play North Carolina and Northeastern to play UCONN in NIT.

O's are Legends

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tony Shaver coming home to play the Heels in Carmichael (not the Smith Center). Can't wait. Thanks for posting this my College Basketball brother!!

I was really hoping that W&M would come to Birmingham to play UAB. We did get placed in the same bracket though, so it's conceivable that they could meet in the Quarterfinals if everything goes right.

I was really hoping that W&M would come to Birmingham to play UAB. We did get placed in the same bracket though, so it's conceivable that they could meet in the Quarterfinals if everything goes right.

You guys should win tomorrow night...I think my boys just want this season to end. They haven't played with any heart all year (save the ACC tourney), so I don't see any reason they'd start now.

You guys should win tomorrow night...I think my boys just want this season to end. They haven't played with any heart all year (save the ACC tourney), so I don't see any reason they'd start now.

I'd absolutely love it if we could take down Carolina, even if it is a disinterested Carolina team. It just depends on which W&M team shows up too. Our style of play leads us to be one of the streakiest teams I've ever seen.

I'd absolutely love it if we could take down Carolina, even if it is a disinterested Carolina team. It just depends on which W&M team shows up too. Our style of play leads us to be one of the streakiest teams I've ever seen.

It would great for the program, no question. Hopefully the W&M team that lost to Towson doesn't show up in Chapel Hill.

It would great for the program, no question. Hopefully the W&M team that lost to Towson doesn't show up in Chapel Hill.

It really all depends on if they're hitting their threes. It's like when they dropped 31 in the first half against Northeastern in the CAA tourney and then struggled to hang on for the win by scoring 16 in the second half. Totally hit or miss.

If W&M wins their 3rd game against an ACC opponent this season, can the ACC trade BC for them? I really don't like BC being in the ACC...and W&M fits better geographically any how.

I know you're being facetious, but this is the second time W&M has EVER made the postseason in basketball. And then there's the whole football problem.

No offense beaner, but I hope the Tribe come in and wipe Carolina clean off the court. I have zero ill will towards UNC (in fact my sister works there), I just think it's unfair they made the NIT with a 16-16 record and 92 RPI ranking, and VCU gets left out w/ a 22-9 record and 66 RPI ranking. Granted the ACC is a better conference, but I can't help but feel that UNC made it on name recognition only.

No offense beaner, but I hope the Tribe come in and wipe Carolina clean off the court. I have zero ill will towards UNC (in fact my sister works there), I just think it's unfair they made the NIT with a 16-16 record and 92 RPI ranking, and VCU gets left out w/ a 22-9 record and 66 RPI ranking. Granted the ACC is a better conference, but I can't help but feel that UNC made it on name recognition only.

Gotta sell tickets to NIT games somehow...

I completely agree with you. We only got in because we're Carolina. In no way to we deserve to be playing in any post season tournament. It's a shame that it came to expense of someone more deserving.

Gotta sell tickets to NIT games somehow...

Unfortunately, I think that's what it came down to.

I completely agree with you. We only got in because we're Carolina. In no way to we deserve to be playing in any post season tournament. It's a shame that it came to expense of someone more deserving.

It's not just UNC either. VCU beat Rhode Island and Nevada, had a better record and RPI than both, and still managed to get left out while both of them got in. Now, I will say that VCU had some pretty bad losses (to JMU, Drexel, and W. Michigan), but they had some pretty big wins too (Oklahoma, Richmond, Nevada, RI). I think what got them in the end were those bad losses and the fact that they blew double-digit 2nd half leads in at least 4 games I can think of.

Archived