TT: Front Office changes coming: Stockstills to change positions

Tony-OH

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Frobby, I think that you may have hit on it in your Bordick thread when you highlighted this line from the article:

If the O's see the fundamentals problems of 2009 as an organization-wide development issue, that falls at the feet of the Director of Player Development.

I doubt this is it. I agree that the O's should be emphasizing fundamentals in the minors from day one, but the farm system clearly has been improving for several years now, and when I look back on some of the lapses that occurred at the major league level in 2009, for the most part they were not caused by players who came up through the Orioles' system. For example, the two worst baserunners were Mora and Huff, and there were some high-profile boneheaded plays from Wigginton and Pie. I saw a few baserunning mistakes from Reimold where he failed to advance a base.

I'm going to put this as my first guess and my statement below as my second best guess. Jordan probably gets promoted to replace Krivsky.

This close to the draft? Just when he is kicking into high gear for the season? Doesn't make a lot of sense, although merited.

Jordan probably gets promoted to replace Krivsky.

My gut feeling about Jordan is that he already has the job he wants. My understanding is that his family lives in Oklahoma and he's basically on the road all the time. I don't see him taking a higher-level position where he spends most of his time in the Warehouse. I just don't think that's his style.

Seems like most here would be pleased to see:

- JAngelos moved out of his EVP position

- Stockstill moved out of International Scouting

- We could bring in someone new for International Scouting

- We could have a new PR figurehead like Brooks or Cal or even someone of that stature in an advisory role to AM

This close to the draft? Just when he is kicking into high gear for the season? Doesn't make a lot of sense, although merited.
My gut feeling about Jordan is that he already has the job he wants. My understanding is that his family lives in Oklahoma and he's basically on the road all the time. I don't see him taking a higher-level position where he spends most of his time in the Warehouse. I just don't think that's his style.

You both could be correct. I'm just trying to narrow down who Tony seems to talk to and base my reasoning on that.

He's had some great interviews with Jordan so I'm just guessing that might be a source of info.

Just speculation....

You both could be correct. I'm just trying to narrow down who Tony seems to talk to and base my reasoning on that.

He's had some great interviews with Jordan so I'm just guessing that might be a source of info.

Just speculation....

The only problem with that is that I talk to a lot of people. You may only see quotes from certain guys about certain things, but I talk to a wide-variety of folks from both scouting and player development, most of which will never be printed or quoted.

Archived