4/30: Red Sox at O's

PaulFolk

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This may be the first time I've posted here in about a year and a half...though I always keep up with what all of you wise fellow fans have to say- provides a lot more insight than ESPN!!!!

This stuff hurts, as a lifelong fan, because "lifelong" for me means 23 years. I was 11 when the Orioles last made the playoffs. If I'm not mistaken, the first curse words I uttered in front of my parents were directed at Jeffrey Maier...

It's just really, really tough to watch this keep happening. I haven't had anything to root for in years. And, as a Redskins fan as well...ugh. It's just truly depressing to be a sports fan these days. I like the characters on this team- I like Trembley, I like Markakis, I like Guthrie, I like Roberts...Wieters, Matusz, even Wigginton...

And yet they are the sorriest bunch, overall, that I've ever watched. It makes it really difficult to justify continuing to be an avid fan, year after year, with the incredible (and unnecessary) disappointment that always comes with it.

I salute each of you that sits here and- whether you constantly lurk like me, or provide some sort of interesting commentary- suffer through rooting for the worst major league franchise not named the Pirates. I feel the pain that all of you express every night with your "smilies" and your angry internet-lingo phrases.

Goodnight.

....P.S. Pretty great homerun by Tejada there. Kinda sums it all up, huh?

Archived