Tejada deal up to Angelos

bigbird

Good! That's what we should be aiming for. Don't accept anything less than Santana + Wood/Kendrick. Anyone else is icing on the cake.

Signs sure do point to the O's doing this the right way, for once.

Santana and Kendrick would be great, no doubt.

But, I wouldn't insist on Kendrick or Wood if they are giving up Santana.

I would take Aybar and Morales instead of just Wood or just Kendrick.

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We havent even really discussed the Rangers. Do they sneak in here and grab Tejada for Blalock and some prospects? That would certainly make them a powerful line-up.

ya, and it would leave us with absolutely nothing. The Rangers offers are a joke. Theyre not serious about tejada. A package with Blalock as the best player isnt even close to good enough.

We havent even really discussed the Rangers. Do they sneak in here and grab Tejada for Blalock and some prospects? That would certainly make them a powerful line-up.

Is Blalock really all that though? And do we really need another 3B? I don't think they have anyone who can compare to Santana in terms of a young top of the rotation starter.

Doubtful. The key to the Angels deal is Santana. That's the only reason the Orioles are listening. They want a ML ready pitcher. When it comes to hitters they'll take prospects.

Personally, I don't think Mora is a problem. He'll be upset if Tejada leaves for sure. But you all know he'll still go out and give it his all, every day. And won't raise a big stink about it.

And I don't think his contract is that bad either. He's a good 3Bman, good hitter, locked up for years. His contract will look better (for trade) as the years go on. Like Miguel's. $12 mill for him is a STEAL these days.

Doubtful. The key to the Angels deal is Santana. That's the only reason the Orioles are listening. They want a ML ready pitcher. When it comes to hitters they'll take prospects.
Yup. TEX would have to start with Danks and Botts, and even that's not close to enough.

I would think you would move Blalock to 1st and I have no clue about their farm system. I just heard Stark say they were going to make a hard push last night. With all the talk about the Angels and Astros it wouldnt surprise me to see someone else come in and steal it. They werent even mentioned with Lee.

I wonder where the O's plan on putting Kendrick if we get him? LF?

Roberts shouldn't be traded under any circumstances IMO.

Reports have already said the Angels will not trade Kendrick so its a moot point anyway. As of yesterday Os want Wood, Angels were offering Aybar. Who knows where it stands today.

It is entirely possible. I don't see how they can put together a package as good as LAA, but Blalock is a "name" and an "all star" which will float PA's boat because he thinks us stupid fans need players who are household names. :rolleyes:

Texas has a SS in AAA that some really like (Arias). He is supposedly a defensive whiz with a light bat.

Texas also has three pretty good arms in the minors: Volquez, Danks, Diamond. But, none are mlb ready and none compare to Santana.

It is entirely possible. I don't see how they can put together a package as good as LAA, but Blalock is a "name" and an "all star" which will float PA's boat because he thinks us stupid fans need players who are household names. :rolleyes:

Texas has a SS in AAA that some really like (Arias). He is supposedly a defensive whiz with a light bat.

Texas also has three pretty good arms in the minors: Volquez, Danks, Diamond. But, none are mlb ready and none compare to Santana.

Huh? I know plenty of O's fans who wouldn't have much of an idea about Blalock.

But as I said, give me Santana. And Wood. And maybe more.

Archived