Tejada deal up to Angelos

bigbird

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Will Carroll of Baseball Prospectus is reporting that the Astros are offering up Morgan Ensberg, Fernando Nieve and Adam Everett. The Angels' proposal looks like the superior one, in no small part because if would free up a lot more money for the Orioles. The Tigers and Dodgers are also reportedly showing interest in Tejada. A deadline deal seems a lot more likely than it did a couple of weeks ago.
According to FOXSports.com's Ken Rosenthal, the Angels have offered Ervin Santana and Erick Aybar to the Orioles for Miguel Tejada.

I like Wood more than Aybar :/

Does anyone actually believe this deal is gonna get done?

I think it happens. This has the Orioles in the spotlight and they know it. They can improve their reputation in the baseball community by dealing Tejada. It's just a matter of what we get back. The return has to be such that they maintain equal bragging rights over the deal. If they blow this and get a mediocre to questionable return, it's lights out for this regime.

Just curious...anybody hear why they pinch-hit for Vlad in the 5th inning today? He was DHing. And no, I'm not even remotely suggesting he is any way involved in a trade...just wondering if he was injured or something. I don't know why you would pinch-hit for him for any other reason.

The queston is this. If the Santana/Aybar deal is the best on the table and the Angels say on Sunday night, take or leave it, and if you leave it we're dealing for Soriano. What do you do? I take it.

I would still hold to Santana and Wood or add in a Kotchman to the Santana and Aybar deal. Even if means flipping them a Conine or a Javy. Hell, take both. ;)

I would still hold to Santana and Wood or add in a Kotchman to the Santana and Aybar deal. Even if means flipping them a Conine or a Javy. Hell, take both. ;)

I'm right with you.

Miggy for Santana and Wood is good.

Miggy for Santana and Aybar is not as good, so they throw in Kotchman :)

The queston is this. If the Santana/Aybar deal is the best on the table and the Angels say on Sunday night, take or leave it, and if you leave it we're dealing for Soriano. What do you do? I take it.

No. You say NO! The angels are not in the power position. They want what we have. If you don't get enough, keep him! You can always deal him in the offseason or next summer. If they deal Tejada and don't get enough back....it would be unspeakable. As far as Tejada, this is <b>not</b> a "take the best thing there before the deadline" situation. With Rlo and others, sure. But not Tejada. And how do you get thrown out 36 times by minor league catchers?!

Just curious...anybody hear why they pinch-hit for Vlad in the 5th inning today? He was DHing. And no, I'm not even remotely suggesting he is any way involved in a trade...just wondering if he was injured or something. I don't know why you would pinch-hit for him for any other reason.

Per Rotoworld..."The Angels said Vladimir Guerrero left Saturday's game in the fifth inning because of fatigue.

He was obviously feeling it before the game, which is why he was DHing. Juan Rivera started in right field.

Archived