Red Sox/Padres Talking AGon Trade (UPDATE: Trade done)

MrOrange82

Boston could afford to give up the prospects, for them the addition of Gonzo could make the difference of a WS shot, and they have a real shot to extend him. The O's have none of that going for them, and so there is no reason for them to trade for him. What is encouraging is Boston was a major competitor for Lee and now we have a better shot at landing him.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If anyone thinks the Orioles could have beaten that deal then they are borderline nuts. Throwing away everyone else in the deal, the Red Sox just gave up one of the top 10 prospects in baseball. The Orioles have nobody close to that level of talent. The same will hold true for Fielder, if and when he ever gets traded.

If anyone thinks the Orioles could have beaten that deal then they are borderline nuts. Throwing away everyone else in the deal, the Red Sox just gave up one of the top 10 prospects in baseball. The Orioles have nobody close to that level of talent. The same will hold true for Fielder, if and when he ever gets traded.

Huh? Who?

Why is it that after 13 years of straight loosing, and picking higher then Boston in the draft, our MiL is worse off and therefore couldnt of made a trade as comparable. That to me is just embarrassing if true.

Our MiL is worse because we have graduated so much to the majors, while the Red Sox sign mostly free agents.

And just because we pick higher doesn't mean we have more draft picks.

He was #24 before the season, and he was pretty bad in AA as a 20 yr old. Gotta think he's gonna drop a bit. Probably not out of the top 100, though.

20 years old and in AA?

That is pretty impressive. Mind you, this is his first go around completely as a pitcher. Remember he spent parts of the last two years as an OF'er.

I

He was #24 before the season, and he was pretty bad in AA as a 20 yr old. Gotta think he's gonna drop a bit. Probably not out of the top 100, though.

I doubt he drops at all. I say top 20. Evaluators who saw him had little bad to say and this was his first year ever focusing on pitching.

Archived