Zrebiec: O's Agree to Terms w/ Lee

Os84

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He wants to boost his numbers. That ain't happening in Petco.

Sure but we kept hearing how he didn't want to come to Baltimore and wanted to stay on the west coast with a team that could contend. San Diego was said to be a desired location for him and it looks like he might've taken less money to come here. I'm guessing he gets $8 million with incentives that could boost it to $10 million from us. But my point is don't believe everything you read.

Very solid move IMO (and one called by multiple posters a while ago).

Lee is a huge offensive and defensive upgrade from 1B last season and retains a decent upside if healthy - OPS north of 850.

The organization did some good work here figuring out the 1B situation - offering VMart, then Konerko and then waiting out the remaining bunch to obtain a quality 1B. What I especially like about the move is that we netted a quality player who originally had little interest in coming to Baltimore.

We'll have to see how much LaRoche overplayed his hand if at all. Just because he wanted three years and no one offered does not mean he overplayed his hand in not rejecting the two year offers on the table. That still has to play out.

Archived