Zrebiec: O's Agree to Terms w/ Lee

Os84

This is FANTASTIC! I am officially excited about the team. We should get 30 homers from Reynolds, could get anywhere from 15-20 for Hardy, 10-15 from Roberts and 25 from Lee. Finally, a solid lineup, 1-9. Revamped infield, better defense and DEPTH!

Well done, MacPhail.

10-15 from B-rob? I think you mean 10-15 from Markakis...I HOPE 'Kakes can hit over 20, Jones can as well, and Roberts can steal 30+ bases this year. YOu do that and what you stated about Reynolds, Hardy, & Lee will at least make us a very competitive offense.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A motivated veteran who is coming off an injury that hampered him for most of the previous year. A proud veteran who knows how to hit and is a very very good defensive player.

The Orioles have MORE than a stopgap, they have a player who will be on his game(assuming he stays healthy), and it puts the Orioles in a flexible position for the following season. Fielder? Maybe.

Bottom line, is that this team is on paper, a MUCH better offensive infield and it affords the club the luxury of going with the hot hand in LF or DH.

The Orioles HAVE to be pleased with what theyve picked up. If thery add an innings eater and another reliever, this should be a competitive team nest year.

We wont win anything, but it will be alot more fun to watch this club.

Thanks Andy!

Obviously getting back the playoffs has to be the end goal, but if we are a good team in 2011, it could be the year that really changes the way these FA's look at us this time of year. And I love that Lee is so confident in his ability that he wants a 1 year deal. He's going to be an excellent addition.

This was absolutely the best move out there for the Orioles at first base this offseason. A seasoned veteran with a solid glove coming off a down year willing to work on a one year deal. I didn't think it would get done because I figured Lee would prefer to stay in the National League...happy to see I was apparently wrong about that.

Lee is a big right-handed bat, with good plate discipline, a nice glove and a solid reputation in the club house. Plus he won't cost us a pick. I really like this signing. Of course, I wish he had come here in 2003.

This may be the best defensive infield we've had in some years...

I hope the Yankees get Carlos Zambrano and Lee hits a grand slam on him.

If you were to tell me in October that we'd have Lee, Hardy, Reynolds in our line up, I would have been happy that we got better but concerned because we gave up too much for both Reynolds and Hardy and gave Lee too many years. Then you tell me that we lost Hernandez, Mickolio, Jacobson, Hoey and have Lee for only one year, well that excedes my expectations. Well done FO.

10-15 from B-rob? I think you mean 10-15 from Markakis...I HOPE 'Kakes can hit over 20, Jones can as well, and Roberts can steal 30+ bases this year. YOu do that and what you stated about Reynolds, Hardy, & Lee will at least make us a very competitive offense.

Why shouldn't we expect 10-15 homers from B-Rob? I was strictly talking about the infield.

Yeah, I'm pretty giddy. I'd like to see a bullpen arm who doesn't cost us a pick and see if he plans to replace Millwood with a veteran starter...but a completely revamped infield that plays gold glove defense and hits for semi extreme power is awesome. Just awesome.

That it is Moosey. Happy New Year

I hope the Yankees get Carlos Zambrano and Lee hits a grand slam on him.

If you were to tell me in October that we'd have Lee, Hardy, Reynolds in our line up, I would have been happy that we got better but concerned because we gave up too much for both Reynolds and Hardy and gave Lee too many years. Then you tell me that we lost Hernandez, Mickolio, Jacobson, Hoey and have Lee for only one year, well that excedes my expectations. Well done FO.

A Very good synopsis...

Archived