What if? (middle infield)

Yardball85

What if, as we have seen thus far, Schoop, Cabrera, and Flaherty all hit well? Schoop not only hit the homer last night, but he also had a terrific at-bat (11 pitches?) before striking out. Cabrera's base running hasn't been great, but he is getting on base. Flaherty is hitting well. Nix too. What happens if none of the middle infielders plays himself out of a spot on the team?

My prediction is Schoop is the second baseman, with Cabrera backing up 2B/SS and some corner OF.

The real what if Infield is if mlb didn't screw up the Miguel Sano thing and we signed him like we were favored to. We're already good but that would have been better.

Did we bid? Or did someone just say we should get him?

Did we bid? Or did someone just say we should get him?
The Pittsburgh Pirates were the first team to offer San0 a deal, and appeared to be his most ardent suitor, but negotiations between the two sides were at a standstill after agent Rob Plummer rejected a $2.6 million offer from the team.[9][10][11] Sano elected to sign with the Twins over many other teams. Besides the Pirates, the Cleveland Indians also expressed interest in Sano, and even had him come to their academy in the Dominican Republic for a workout session.[12] The Baltimore Orioles pursued Sano for a short time; however, they believed his value was well below his $3 million price tag.[13][14] Other interested teams included the New York Yankees and the Boston Red Sox.[7]

On September 29, 2009, San? stated that he would sign a Major League Baseball contract with the Minnesota Twins,[15][16] which included a $3.15 million signing bonus.

Wikipedia.

Watch Peloterro... It's an excellent documentary of the whole thing. It's really about the Dominican baseball schools but Sano ends up being one of the main characters.

My friends Josh Wolf and Jon Palley directed and produced that film. It's really something.

Watch Peloterro... It's an excellent documentary of the whole thing. It's really about the Dominican baseball schools but Sano ends up being one of the main characters.

Yeah that's where my comment came from. Mlb strung out the whole process till we just moved on. The owners were basically using owner collusion to make sure that after year the top Dominican player wouldn't make more than the year before. Like #1 pick Qbs in the nfl.

It's not out of the realm of possibility that all three (Schoop, Flaherty, Cabrera) make the 25 man roster. It would be at the cost of one of the outfielders, most likely Lough.

I think it would be a sizeable mistake to drop Lough, who doesn't have any remaining options, for any of the three listed above who all have at least one option year left.

I also think Lough adds more to this team as currently designed then Flaherty does if both Schoop and Cabrera are on the roster.

I think it would be a sizeable mistake to drop Lough, who doesn't have any remaining options, for any of the three listed above who all have at least one option year left.

I also think Lough adds more to this team as currently designed then Flaherty does if both Schoop and Cabrera are on the roster.

What do you think Lough's role for the team will be? Assuming health do you think he'll get more starts than Pearce, De Aza, Snider, or Young? If De Aza, Jones, Pearce is the main OF alignment, do you think he'll be used as a late inning replacement?

I wouldn't drop Lough in favor of keeping the all three of the 2B/utility trio, but I'm not so sure that Lough is a definite over Paredes right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What do you think Lough's role for the team will be? Assuming health do you think he'll get more starts than Pearce, De Aza, Snider, or Young? If De Aza, Jones, Pearce is the main OF alignment, do you think he'll be used as a late inning replacement?

I wouldn't drop Lough in favor of keeping the all three of the 2B/utility trio, but I'm not so sure that Lough is a definite over Paredes right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lough has shown a lot more than Paredes so far in MLB action, both offensively and defensively. I agree with CoC that he should make the 25-man and one of the three IF should be optioned.

I see no point in keeping all three of Flaherty, Schoop, and Cabrera. One must be sent down. Lough is the best defensive OF on the team and he may be a better bat than many think. Right now he is the 4th OF but he is the first to replace either Snider or De Aza if either fails to hit. But I'd keep my eye on Alverez, he has a better upside the any of those three.

Archived