Per Olney tweet, look for resolution in 48 hours

ChaosLex

That's good to hear about Pie having a better swing, I call it the Buck Showalter effect which is why I will still be optimistic about this team whether Vlad signs or not.

Two things... I really like Pie. Always have. My concern with him is his apparent lack of durability. Second thing. Vlad Guerrero is and has been my favorite non-Oriole. i want him here very badly, yet I think you are really stressing out over this. You're making me feel calm...:)

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Plus don't rule out Pie. He will be in better shape and will have a better swing from what I hear. He apparently launched some balls this past fall in the Dominican.

If I remember correctly, Pie's stats in the Dominican league weren't that great particularly considering the level of competition. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I have much higher hopes for Reimold than I do for Pie.

If I remember correctly, Pie's stats in the Dominican league weren't that great particularly considering the level of competition. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Yeah the stats were pedestrian and not much to write home about. But he was working on his swing and from what I gather he should be good to go. The durability will always be a question with him. But its good realizes he needs to stay healthy.

Two things... I really like Pie. Always have. My concern with him is his apparent lack of durability. Second thing. Vlad Guerrero is and has been my favorite non-Oriole. i want him here very badly, yet I think you are really stressing out over this. You're making me feel calm...:)

This whole Vlad nonsense has been interesting to say the least but I'm at a point where I'm not going to get over dramatic about it anymore. I want him here but I will accept it if he doesn't become an Oriole. So I'm not going to stress myself out over this anymore, I'm going to relax and wait and see how this plays out.

Getting back to Vlad

I noticed this, this morning on Roch's latest blog on the Randy Winn signing.

But seriously, Winn is a long shot to make the club in spring training. He's a veteran who can play all three outfield positions. He's a nice insurance policy in case of injury. And yes, I've thought about how he could fit more easily if another outfielder is traded after the Orioles sign Vladimir Guerrero.

Roch seems confident about Vlad landing here. hmmmm

This whole Vlad nonsense has been interesting to say the least but I'm at a point where I'm not going to get over dramatic about it anymore. I want him here but I will accept it if he doesn't become an Oriole. So I'm not going to stress myself out over this anymore, I'm going to relax and wait and see how this plays out.

cool. I think we all should listen to what Grimed said about Buck and Reimold. It could be a huge factor in all of this.

Yeah the stats were pedestrian and not much to write home about. But he was working on his swing and from what I gather he should be good to go. The durability will always be a question with him. But its good realizes he needs to stay healthy.

It is good that he was working on his swing, a very good use of the winter ball time.

Hopefully he was working on his plate discipline too. :)

Pie in the DWL this off-season:

32 games: .290/.348/.427/.776

He crushed righties and couldn't hit lefties in that small sample size:

vs RHP: .318/.381/.466/.867

vs LHP: .222/.263/.333/.596

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?n=Felix%20Pie&pos=OF&sid=milb&t=p_pbp&pid=429712

This post should remind us all of a HUGE factor in all of this. We, as fans, simply don't know everything from numbers and speculation. We don't know what the Orioles do about Reimold's make up and we don't really know ANYTHING about what has transpired behind closed doors in the Guerrero negotiations.

It's really comforting knowing that we don't know anything. Whew! I was worried there for a minute. Thanks!

:D

It's really comforting knowing that we don't know anything. Whew! I was worried there for a minute. Thanks!

:D

I hope from the smiley that you know what I meant...I think you do. With this regime in charge, we definitely know very little of what is happening behind closed doors in these negotiations. We can jump to alll the conclusions we want, but we really don't know much...and neither does the press apparently.

I do wonder what other teams have offered for Luke Scott. If that offer is significant it makes me sway more towards wanting Vlad in the fold. I would love to have Scott and Vlad in the lineup but I do feel somewhat confident that one of Reimold/Pie will come on strong over the next year or two and Scott isn't going to be around forever anyway.

The one thing I will say about Trea's "strategy" is it is perhaps something you think about doing(ie, pretty much bidding against yourself) if the player you are trying to get is very pivotal to your short and long term success and that by getting him, even if it means bidding against yourself, you are much closer to contention.

Vlad doesn't fit that description though and that's why AM is handling the situation properly.

Archived