Per Olney tweet, look for resolution in 48 hours

ChaosLex

I'm perfectly happy where we are, and willing to be patient with Vlad making up his mind. It's not like his decision affects anything else we are doing between today and the day that position players report to camp.

MacPhail has brought us a nice ice cream sundae, and now it's just a matter of whether we put a cherry on the top. I'd love to have the cherry, but I'm perfectly content eating my sundae without it.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, things do change. Trea is right about that. Vlad could, of course, wait for a team to make a trade or have an injury which then makes him more desirable. The problem is, waiting might not change really change his situation. Even if things play out that way,he may still be only negotiating with one team - with very little leverage. I hope the Orioles can find a way through incentives - some achievable and some probably ridiculous - to make their offer sting a little less/ seem a bit better.

You can call it bidding against yourself, I call it actually doing what it takes to get the player.

I call it doing what it takes to get the player RIGHT NOW.

They don't need Vlad, and they definitely don't have any incentive to make sure he signs on February 4th, so there's no need to throw away an extra $3, $4, $5M.

Under no circumstances should MacPhail bid against himself. I guess I'd be happy with getting Vlad, but overall it has more long term downside than upside since it will limit our ability to really evaluate what we have in Pie and Reimold.

The longer this goes, the more in favor I am of not signing him. He really is extending a middle finger to Baltimore. He has made a ton of money in his career, and we are offering more than probably everyone on this forum makes in 10 years, let alone one. We need to tell him the offer explodes at the end of the day.

Also, JTrea, I hope you aren't in the field of money management, as it seems you like giving money away.

I hope he is. I don't think he was one of Buck's fav guys last year.

Well judging by the photos from Fanfest, Nolan looked in shape. So hopefully he will be out of Bucks doghouse. Plus not trading him for Bartlett and working out with Brady shows a lot of dedication on both sides.

Is anyone else here anxious to see if Nolan Riemold has turned himself around and prove himself and to the O's this spring that he is back?

I'm going to be anxious to see how Reimold will perform whether Vlad is here or not. I'm actually getting more and more intrigued by the idea of Reimold's potential turnaround since this Vlad nonsense has dragged on too long for my taste.

I'm going to be anxious to see how Reimold will perform whether Vlad is here or not. I'm actually getting more and more intrigued by the idea of Reimold's potential turnaround since this Vlad nonsense has dragged on too long for my taste.

Plus don't rule out Pie. He will be in better shape and will have a better swing from what I hear. He apparently launched some balls this past fall in the Dominican.

I hope he is. I don't think he was one of Buck's fav guys last year.

This post should remind us all of a HUGE factor in all of this. We, as fans, simply don't know everything from numbers and speculation. We don't know what the Orioles do about Reimold's make up and we don't really know ANYTHING about what has transpired behind closed doors in the Guerrero negotiations.

Plus don't rule out Pie. He will be in better shape and will have a better swing from what I hear. He apparently launched some balls this past fall in the Dominican.

That's good to hear about Pie having a better swing, I call it the Buck Showalter effect which is why I will still be optimistic about this team whether Vlad signs or not.

Archived