Per Olney tweet, look for resolution in 48 hours

ChaosLex

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ESPN website has a tweet from Buster Olney a little bit ago saying Rangers are exploring dealing Young again with the Rockies. I bet Vlad is going to wait that out hoping to go back to Texas.

IF true, then Vlad will probably go back to Texas for the same amount we were going to sign him for. Oh well.........

ESPN website has a tweet from Buster Olney a little bit ago saying Rangers are exploring dealing Young again with the Rockies. I bet Vlad is going to wait that out hoping to go back to Texas.

I will be astounded if we land Vlad. I'll be even more astounded that Texas actually got someone to trade for Young!

Why trade Young and eat some salary + pay Vlad? I'd rather have Young's production for the same money.

For the same reason we should be doing the same thing with Scott and Vlad...You trade Young, get some talent for him and fill in a player who may give you similar offensive production.

I have gut feeling Texas gets him now. Probably for the 1yr/8.5mil they offered him earlier this winter or something similar.

I agree. Its time to head to Spring Training with the Reimold/Pie platoon, which is fine by me.

At THIS point, I am all for giving Vlad a 24 hour time frame. Don't let him use us as a last resort when the Texas deal falls through. Sign our offer by midnight Saturday or its off the table.

Archived