Per Olney tweet, look for resolution in 48 hours

ChaosLex

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Texas may want to get David Murphy more playing time.

What are the specifics of the little log jam they have? I just recall talks that Young was kinda in the middle of it.

In order to beat our offer, they simply need to MAKE an offer. Vlad would play for less anywhere besides here, especially going back to Texas!

True

Well, in the outfield, they have Hamilton, Bourbon, Cruz, and Murphy.

In the infield, they have:

Mooreland/Napoli at 1B

Kinsler at 2B

Andrus at SS

Beltre at 3B

Torrealba/Napoli at C.

As it stands, Young is the primary DH, but I think the Rangers may want Murphy to be playing regularly. So, maybe Cruz becomes the DH, or maybe they go with some kind of OF/DH rotation.

I think we're getting tired of this "Will he or Wont he nonsense". It's time to move on.

Move on to what? What is the harm in waiting the situation out? Just because a handful of posters are impatient and can't help but b**** and moan when a deal doesn't go down RIGHT THIS SECOND? AM seems content with the pacing of the negotiations, and as far as we all know we still have the highest offer on the table.

That said, I can easily imagine Vlad turning us down for less money to play in Texas or LA.. and if that's the case, so be it. No huge loss.

Well, in the outfield, they have Hamilton, Bourbon, Cruz, and Murphy.

In the infield, they have:

Mooreland/Napoli at 1B

Kinsler at 2B

Andrus at SS

Beltre at 3B

Torrealba/Napoli at C.

As it stands, Young is the primary DH, but I think the Rangers may want Murphy to be playing regularly. So, maybe Cruz becomes the DH, or maybe they go with some kind of OF/DH rotation.

Moreland also plays the outfield well and they have Endy Chavez as a spring training invitee and a solid youngsters in Chad Tracy and Engle Beltre. Their OF is full which is why they squashed the deal with Colorado previously for Eric Young.

They could deal Young and still not "need" Vlad. Right now their hopes rest on the dead arm of Brandon Webb, Dave Bush and repeat seasons from Wilson, Lewis and Hunter. If they deal Young, I'd have to think it would be for pitching and not to make room for Vlad.

Moreland also plays the outfield well and they have Endy Chavez as a spring training invitee and a solid youngsters in Chad Tracy and Engle Beltre. Their OF is full which is why they squashed the deal with Colorado previously for Eric Young.

They could deal Young and still not "need" Vlad. Right now their hopes rest on the dead arm of Brandon Webb, Dave Bush and repeat seasons from Wilson, Lewis and Hunter. If they deal Young, I'd have to think it would be for pitching and not to make room for Vlad.

I agree with you that they are looking for pitching if they trade Michael Young.

Archived