NEW YORK/ CONNECTICUT/ NEW JERSEY Oriole Fans

OFFNY

It depends on where you park.

I never park in the stadium lots in New York (Yankee Stadium, or Citi Field) because they are very expensive, and because they take an extremely long time to get out of.

For Mets games, I park across the bridge, which is right next to the stadium.

Again, it is free, and I get right onto the road on my way home when the game is over.

It's a 10-minute walk, at the most.

I'm looking at the map to try to see what you mean. Is "the bridge" Roosevelt Avenue over Flushing Creek? And there is actually free parking over there?

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bud and Ubaldo (the most experienced batters among our starters). Chen goes tomorrow in TB, and probably on Saturday in the Bronx.

Thanks. Maybe I use that to get her to go both on Wed. vs. the Mets and Sat. against the Y's....

I'm considering joining you two tomorrow night. Stopping in NYC on my way home to Maryland after visiting my mother these past two days in upstate NY.

However, right now WeatherBug lists 80% chance of rain for the 7-8-9-10 pm hours tomorrow. If that doesn't change I'm just driving straight home tomorrow afternoon.

Hopefully the weather guessers will change the forecast in the next day and I can see you guys tomorrow night and cheer on the Os!!

oo

I'm leaving for Queens in a couple of hours (get there early, park for free across the Roosevelt Ave. Bridge, get something to eat, then enter the stadium at about 5 P.M.)

I'm at my decision point...the south end of the NY Turnpike. Its either head south into NJ and home, probably in time to see most of the game on my couch, or head into the city.

WeatherBug says for Flushing:

7pm hour 50% chance of precip

8pm 20%

9 and beyond. 0%

The magic 8 ball says: I'm comin' to watch the Os! I'll see Patrick and LA2 and whoever else there!

I'm at my decision point...the south end of the NY Turnpike. Its either head south into NJ and home, probably in time to see most of the game on my couch, or head into the city.

WeatherBug says for Flushing:

7pm hour 50% chance of precip

8pm 20%

9 and beyond. 0%

The magic 8 ball says: I'm comin' to watch the Os! I'll see Patrick and LA2 and whoever else there!

Nice Magic 8 ball !!!

It was great meeting you tonight, Steve.

I had already known LA 2 from a Yankees game last year.

Patrick

• 2 months later...

Hey, everyone—

I just started another thread about this, but I thought I'd post here, too.

My dad and brother were supposed to drive up from Northern Virginia and catch the game with me in the Bronx tonight, but at the last minute the plan was derailed. I'm still going, and my cousin has claimed one of the other two tickets, but I've got a third that is up for grabs.

We'll be in Section 236, Row 3 (left field bleachers). I paid $29 apiece on StubHub, but I'd part with it straight-up for a brat and a beer in the park. And some decent conversation. Something along those lines.

Send me a private message if interested. First come, first served. I'm looking to get a train into town around 4:00 or 4:30, so I should be able to check my messages till about then.

Hope to meet one of you tonight!

Cheers,

B

• 1 month later...
o

Ticket prices are dropping quickly for next week's 3-game series against the Yankees in the Bronx:

http://www.stubhub.com/new-york-yankees-tickets/performer/5650/

I was all in for the Labor Day game and possibly one of the other two. And then the last two weeks happened. My personal rule of attending games is not to go when the team is in a slump.

I was all in for the Labor Day game and possibly one of the other two. And then the last two weeks happened. My personal rule of attending games is not to go when the team is in a slump.

Dude! You gotta represent! Plus you might get to see OFFNY's mask.

Archived