Reimold's AFL season is turning ugly

Frobby

You would think that after 17,000 posts you would learn something about how baseball works.

You'd think at age 37 you'd know something about manners and civil discourse.

It's tough to appreciate your point 'cause you won't relax a little bit.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Because even as a stop-gap Luis Hernandez is a terrible choice. He will literally be the single-worse regular starter in all of MLB if given the job. I'm definitely on board the "blow it up / rebuild" train, so winning games in 2008 isn't even a secondary goal of mine, but I truly think that playing Hernandez at SS borders on tanking, which I don't want to do.

They can find better SS than Luis Hernandez without giving up any talent or giving out anything more than a minor league contract.

Completely agree, Hernandez would be lucky to have a .500 OPS in the majors over a full season. Fahey is a better choice, heck, so is Blake Davis. LH was just about the worst hitter on his team in Bowie.

I had posted to everyone of you. But I deleted it and am going to take the high road. Wasn't my intention to "personally attack" anyone. If your opinion is that is what I did, I appoligize, like I said wasn't my intention. Some of you, and you know who you are, should step off the soap box though. Personally attacking someone because you deem them to have personally attacked someone else, doesn't make you any better then them and shouldn't be allowed either.

I had posted to everyone of you. But I deleted it and am going to take the high road. Wasn't my intention to "personally attack" anyone. If your opinion is that is what I did, I appoligize, like I said wasn't my intention. Some of you, and you know who you are, should step off the soap box though. Personally attacking someone because you deem them to have personally attacked someone else, doesn't make you any better then them and shouldn't be allowed either.

Mark, I will take you at your word that you weren't attacking me personally. And you have a good point that 4 games in the middle of Reimold's AFL season isn't going to determine his future. My initial post that prompted your remark was probably stated a bit too dramatically.

Your gut, imo, is absurdly irrational. He'd be lucky to post an .800 ops next year in extended time in the bigs and 120 k is about the low end of the barometer. For the record, I predict (if he got 500-600 abs which he won't) a .770 ops with 150+ ks, though I will admit he could pop 20 dongs.

After further review a agree with some of what you are saying. He would K a bunch more than I originally stated. He looks to be a guy that will K at around 25% of the time. Meaning if he was a 80% playing time player he would likely approach 200 K's. However I stand by the +800 ops. I think he does this by batting 260 or so, which I think he is capable of. He has shown a decent willingness to walk and I would think if he hit 260 his OBP would be around 330. I think he would hit 2b around 1 out of 16 ABs and a Hr every 21 or so ABs. I really think a expected line of 260/335/435 28 2b, 25 Hrs is not irrational. Obviously we would like better but that is such a vast improvement of 2/3rds of our outfield over recent history I could live with it.

After further review a agree with some of what you are saying. He would K a bunch more than I originally stated. He looks to be a guy that will K at around 25% of the time. Meaning if he was a 80% playing time player he would likely approach 200 K's. However I stand by the +800 ops. I think he does this by batting 260 or so, which I think he is capable of. He has shown a decent willingness to walk and I would think if he hit 260 his OBP would be around 330. I think he would hit 2b around 1 out of 16 ABs and a Hr every 21 or so ABs. I really think a expected line of 260/335/435 28 2b, 25 Hrs is not irrational. Obviously we would like better but that is such a vast improvement of 2/3rds of our outfield over recent history I could live with it.

My gut tells me that the .260 BA is very optimistic, though Reimold could still achieve the .335 OBP. I think Reimold will be a .260-.270 hitter when he reaches maturity as a big leaguer, but with a solid OBP and good power.

Not to put too fine a point on this but you realize that is exactly the .770 ops I predicted- not the 800-850 you stated in your original post? So, essentially you agree with everything I said in my op?

Archived