It's official, this offense sucks

brianod

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Impressive showing today. It's amazing the amount of improvement we are seeing.

Glad to see you so excited over the struggles the team is going through. Why else would you feel the need to do that not only the next day, but in the middle of the game?

Its becoming apparent that the Orioles are using the improvement in quality of your posts as a baseline for their own improvement.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/split.cgi?t=b&team=BAL&year=2011

Man on second (no outs listed): .805 OPS

Man on third, less than two outs: 1.059 OPS

Thanks! Is there a way for it to show the percentage of times the runner scores and how that stacks up against the rest of the league? I really don't know how to utilize the tool (that's what she said).

Thanks! Is there a way for it to show the percentage of times the runner scores and how that stacks up against the rest of the league? I really don't know how to utilize the tool (that's what she said).

I can picture plenty of bases juiced nobody out that we have not been able to score, several in extra innings. This team defies stats. The standard deviation for those stats is off the charts for this team. Suckage defined.

I can picture plenty of bases juiced nobody out that we have not been able to score, several in extra innings. This team defies stats. The standard deviation for those stats is off the charts for this team. Suckage defined.

Sounds like the words of someone who only likes stats that agree with him.

Sounds like the words of someone who only likes stats that agree with him.

Whatever, dispute it if you can. This team is reaching historic levels of ineptitude. I am not even sure there is a stat for that. Bases juiced, no out ineffectiveness?

Roberts is looking more like Glenn Davis these days...the injuries are nuts. The only decent thing about the game was another homer by Reynolds...I sure hope he at least can spark some type of offense. This team's losing record could def be worse, but they're playing like cellar dwellars. I don't know if the team is just cursed, but no matter who is signed, the offense sucks.

You want me to dispute your opinion that you didn't back up with anything?

I backed it up with opinion, refute it, feel free, otherwise debate it. Your call big guy, but you remind me of a play yard bully. Can't debate it, so you ask for proof. If there was a stat for that, I would gladly yield. I admit I don't know if there is such a stat, can you recall a team with more futility scoring with bases juiced and nobody out? I know I can't.

Whatever, dispute it if you can. This team is reaching historic levels of ineptitude. I am not even sure there is a stat for that. Bases juiced, no out ineffectiveness?

That doesn't seem very fair. I am aware of the situation you describe in the Oakland series, but having it happen several times this season would be pretty extraordinary, and the burden of proof ought to be on you to name the other occurrences. If you get to make that claim and put the burden of proof on him, I could just as easily claim that the Orioles should have 15 more home runs this year, but got robbed by guys jumping over the wall that many times, and ask you to "dispute it if you can".

I backed it up with opinion, refute it, feel free, otherwise debate it. Your call big guy, but you remind me of a play yard bully. Can't debate it, so you ask for proof. If there was a stat for that, I would gladly yield. I admit I don't know if there is such a stat, can you recall a team with more futility scoring with bases juiced and nobody out? I know I can't.

Haha. Baltimore Terp is one of the most self satisfied members of this community. He'll find a stat somewhere to refute what we all see with our eyes. After he "proves" whatever lame point he's trying to make, he's more then likely to call the rest of us that can actually see what's going on, ignorant and ill informed. So be it. The offense sucks. I don't need calculus to figure it out.

April 30th, Top 8 vs. CHW: bases loaded, no outs, the Orioles score three runs with a 2-run single by Guerrero followed by a sac fly.

May 1st, Top 5 vs. CHW: bases loaded, no outs, Markakis clears the bases with a 3-run double.

May 12th, Bot 12 vs. SEA: bases loaded, no outs, Wieters lines out, but Hardy follows with the game-winning 2-run single.

May 15th, Top 6 vs. TAM: bases loaded, no outs, Hardy hits a grand slam.

May 26th, Bot 11 vs. KC: bases loaded, no outs, Scott and Wieters ground out and GIDP, no runs.

May 27th, Top 2 vs. OAK: bases loaded, no outs, O's get one run on a Reynolds walk, then strikeout and GIDP.

May 29th, Top 5 vs. OAK: bases loaded, no outs, O's get 4 runs on a single, walk, and two groundouts.

I can't guarantee the list is complete, but I did my best.

Seven occurrences

Four times all three runners scored

One time two runners scored, ending the game

One time one runner scored

One time no runners scored

Archived