It's official, this offense sucks

brianod

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This team needs Reyes and Fielder next year and yes I know how much it will cost to get them both, but both need to be landed.

If I'm conscious of payroll and I'm bidding big for Fielder, I think I try and go for Beltran on a 2-3 year deal instead of Reyes.

This team needs Reyes and Fielder next year and yes I know how much it will cost to get them both, but both need to be landed.

I hear you. I don't necessarily disagree with you. But you will be much better off from a personal health standpoint if you understand now that neither of those guys are going to be playing for us next year.

At least everyone who blamed Crowley feels like an idiot now. That's something.

Not necessarily. Hitting is down throughout the league. The Orioles are just part of a bigger symptom IMO that baseball needs to address and soon for the good of the game.

Too many stars are having subpar seasons at the plate.

At least everyone who blamed Crowley feels like an idiot now. That's something.

I don't. We had eliminated every other part of the equation throughout the years, except for him, and it was time to make the change. While I'm frustrated that things haven't improved all that much, if at all, at least it's one less thing at which we can point the finger.

I don't. We had eliminated every other part of the equation throughout the years, except for him, and it was time to make the change. While I'm frustrated that things haven't improved all that much, if at all, at least it's one less thing at which we can point the finger.

No, it was dumb to make him the scapegoat in the first place, when the offense is driven 99% by one thing and one thing only: how good your hitters are.

Yea, 13 years of pathetic results means nothing...just the fact that in a few months, with half the offense different. :rolleyes:

"Different" does not equal "better."

That being said, I'm inclined to agree with you. Crowley had plenty of time to make his mark, and his mark looked like something a 3rd grader scrawled across a park bench in crayon.

No, it was dumb to make him the scapegoat in the first place, when the offense is driven 99% by one thing and one thing only: how good your hitters are.

Did you feel the same way when we dumped all of the managers and pitching coaches over the last 13 years?

That being said, I'm inclined to agree with you. Crowley had plenty of time to make his mark, and his mark looked like something a 3rd grader scrawled across a park bench in crayon.

Total agree...but a change had to be made.

You can't have results like that, for such a long period of time, and not be held accountable for them.

I am sorry but anyone trying to justify that is wrong.

Now, the crowd that says he didn't have a lot of talent to work with is right...he didn't.

But what he did have he didn't do well with and it was time for a different voice.

...and his mark looked like something a 3rd grader scrawled across a park bench in crayon.

Let's just hope someone can come along and make a mark that looks like something Bob Ross would do instead. I'm tired of seeing these poor results. I want the happy little trees, damn it! :)

Archived