Lots of talks with the Angels today

bigbird

The Dodgers would have to give up four players from a group that includes pitcher Chad Billingsley, pitching prospect Clayton Kershaw, third baseman Andy La Roche, first baseman James Loney and outfielder Matt Kemp. The Dodgers probably would balk at giving both Billingsley and Kershaw in the same deal because it would hurt the organization's pitching depth.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/marlins/content/sports/epaper/2007/11/13/1113marlins.html?cxtype=rss&cxsvc=7&cxcat=46

Thanks for the citation, but there's no way in hell they give up four of those guys for one player, not even Cabrera.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BRob for Wood and Santana (T)

Tejada for Pie and Marmol

Bedard for Kershaw, LaRoche and Hu

Hernandez & Burres for Gomes and Baldelli (T)

Santana, Baldelli and Liz for Bay

1. Hu 2b

2. Pie CF

3. Markakis RF

4. Moore 1B/Tex 09

5. Bay LF

6. LaRoche 3B

7. Gomes DH

8. Wood SS

9. C/ Weiters 09

FA, Guthrie, Loew, DC, Kershaw with Spoone, Penn, Olson, Hernandez and Arrieta waiting to come up.

Trade Huff, Payton, Millar and Mora for good young bullpen arms.

Meanwhile you have Marmol, Bradford, Walker, Hoey in the bullpen with Ray coming back in 09.

I would love watching this team grow up together.

1. Hu 2b

2. Pie CF

3. Markakis RF

4. Moore 1B/Tex 09

5. Bay LF

6. LaRoche 3B

7. Gomes DH

8. Wood SS

9. C/ Weiters 09

FA, Guthrie, Loew, DC, Kershaw with Spoone, Penn, Olson, Hernandez and Arrieta waiting to come up.

I'd go back to a season ticket plan for that.....but I'd like to see DC dealt.

That is a horrible trade for Roberts. Wood and Adenhart would be the package and that wouldn't be enough most likely. If I was trading Roberts to the Angels, Kendrick and Adenhart would be the return I'd be looking for...

That is a horrible trade for Roberts. Wood and Adenhart would be the package and that wouldn't be enough most likely. If I was trading Roberts to the Angels, Kendrick and Adenhart would be the return I'd be looking for...

Say what? Wood and Santana is more than enough for BRob. If anyone balks on that deal it would be the Angels.

The Angels aren't moving Kendrick unless a Cabrera type bat comes in return.

Tejada for Pie and Marmol

Bedard for Kershaw, LaRoche and Hu

Hernandez & Burres for Gomes and Baldelli (T)

Santana, Baldelli and Liz for Bay

1. Hu 2b

2. Pie CF

3. Markakis RF

4. Moore 1B/Tex 09

5. Bay LF

6. LaRoche 3B

7. Gomes DH

8. Wood SS

9. C/ Weiters 09

Trade Huff, Payton, Millar and Mora for good young bullpen arms.

Meanwhile you have Marmol, Bradford, Walker, Hoey in the bullpen with Ray coming back in 09.

I would love watching this team grow up together.

What if you had an option to trade him this winter...to a team lets say out West

Contenders will overpay in July. More teams will be willing to ante up top talent for one of baseballs best pitchers in order to put them over.

BB, I hope the FO doesnt wait until the deadline if we can get a good deal in the offseason. Although a team may overpay at the deadline, we'll get primarily guys further away from the major leagues and most likely cant get a more proven young major leaguer (such as Kemp) at the deadline because those teams will want to keep their roster in tact for the playoff run. I just prefer to get guys that have a more likely chance of contributing and arent so far away for someone like Bedard. Guys like Kemp, Loney, and Laroche haven proven more at the upper levels and still have very good upside. I doubt those guys or similar players to them will be available for a deadline trade.

Does anyone every get the idea that sometimes these "insiders" are using us? For their own reasons. Running a disinformation campain?

Really why would MacPhail want us to know anything? The man seems really tight lipped. I mean Flannagan doesnt even know where his office is gonna be next week for gosh sake.

I would take anything said by the old "inside guys" with a grain of salt. Their sources probally arent even in the brain trust anymore.

Here we go. The every couple weeks blast of our insiders. There's no need to even defend these guys. They've come up with great information before and have been right on at times. Saying that the O's FO would be savvy enough to run a "disinformation" campaign using Orioles Hangout insiders would be giving the WAYYYYYYYYYY to much credit based on the past decade and why should they care what is said on here as long as they doing their job on their end.

Does anyone every get the idea that sometimes these "insiders" are using us? For their own reasons. Running a disinformation campain?

Right. Because we influence things so much. Other GM's study our opinions and use all the insights they gain here to out-fox the rubes in the Warehouse. So, AM is acting smart by planting fake stories here, thus using us to lead the opposition astray. Right. Sorta like Eisenhower having all those phony tanks in the wrong place in England, just to fool the Germans about where D-Day was gonna happen. Right. I bet that's exactly what's going on. Those bastards. (I feel so used.)

Archived