vs. YANKEES 7/29

OFFNY

DEAR MARK TEIXEIRA:

You're still losing by a score of 4-1, you pasty-faced little pr*ck.

Sincerely,

Oriole Fan From New York

P.S. You grew up in Maryland with posters of Don Mattingly on your wall ??? Well, I grew up in New York wearing Oriole gear, so **** you.

Bless you sir.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just going on my personal experience. Yankee fans (middle-aged ones) will turn and tell me how much they miss the Orioles being in the August/Sept. dogfights. Last time I was at Fenway somone came up to me, grabbed my arm, and hissed, "You know, you could be killed for that [cheering for the O's]."

Boston has the douchiest fans BY FAR, no matter what anyone says.

mrbig1 said:
Bless you, sir.

o

Thanks. :) I started out in front with the American League Champions in 1971, and I've been holding on tight ever since. When you're a toddler, the first team that gets into your blood signs you to an emotional contract for life.

o

Not as much as trying to clean the family computer of malware, wow was it ever infected. I think now that I have it somewhat clean, I will back up the Quicken data and wipe and re-install winbloze.

And stay away from "those sites"! They'll make you go blind!

Boston has the douchiest fans BY FAR, no matter what anyone says.

Agreed, considering they had the underdog role for so long (along with the Cubs). Once they won it, they went from under dogs to insufferable in near record time, far surpassing the yanks that they hate for the same reasons. Irony? Yep. The sox fans became what they hate and went from likable losers to just losers with a winning team.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• I hate the six man rotation. We found last year that it really stresses the bullpen, which is already a problem this year. We also have fewer guys with options in the bullpen to manage rest this year. We need to pick a top five and stick with it. 
    • I've seen that said essentially twice in this thread and yet I just read through 7 pages of positive comments about Kremer.  I think some get confused when people suggest Kremer may get bumped from the rotation as they don't like him. Somebody is going to have to go when Grayson comes back.  It's not going to be Burnes, Bradish or Means, which means it's going to be Irvin and Kremer. Both Irvin and Kremer are pitching great right now but Kremer has an option and Irvin doesn't.  Now, could this mean the Orioles slow play Grayson back to give him an extended down time so he will hopefully be very fresh come this October? Perhaps. All I know is that it's a good problem to have too many good starters.  Kremer has been nails of late and he's a solid major league starter. But all also could get caught up in a numbers game as this fleshes itself out like they tend to do with IL stints.  
    • Caleb Joseph had a nice career.   I’d love to get that out of Handley.   
    • Miscounted earlier…one off day in June on 6/17.
    • Another problem with a 6 man roster (especially when having to carry Kimbrel) is that the roster of the bullpen becomes awful thin. That leaves you with what 6 relievers assuming 1 currently would have to leave (minus Kimbrel who apparently can’t pitch in back to back days).  That would be fine if everyone continues to go 6/7 innings. But the moment someone has a 5 inning or less start, the bullpen would instantly become taxed (especially if that occurred on one of Kimbrel’s “rest days”).
    • I think it's pronounced YEN-yuh
    • The O’s have had the most difficult SOS in MLB so far; additionally it seems we are always facing the oppositions best starters.  Fortunately, looks like that will finally change when we play the DBacks as Brandon Pfaadt and Ryne Nelson are lined up for games 1 & 2 but the O’s may face Zac Gallen in game 3. https://www.espn.com/mlb/stats/rpi/_/sort/sos
  • Popular Contributors