O's, Duquette close to deal

mrr185

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jesus christ shut up both of you. You are misinterpreting what I am talking about.

YES it is a trainwreck. It deserves to be under a microscope and I am sure that the Orioles have had many people turn them down for various reasons.

All I was asking is, during a normal search, how many interviews are declined that we never hear about because its not really big news like it is RIGHT NOW.

I am not trying to spin that this isn't embarrassing or a complete farce, just asking a question. Just a thought, that is all.

I'm expecting exactly this. Unfortunately, after Pujols, Fielder and Reyes this FA class is extremely weak anyways. After those three there are very few bats that would make sense and bring anything new to the lineup (I am NOT on the Cuddyer bus at all, makes no sense to me). In terms of pitching Wilson, Buerhle, Jackson, Kuroda are the only things close to "top of the rotation" type guys. Sure there are some guys that could bolster our bullpen but we manage to always sign bullpen arms that were solid before but suck when they come here.

So I don't even think Duquette will get a chance to make a splash in FA and unless he has some trades up his sleeve involving Machado, Britton and Schoop I don't see anything pleasant coming to us in a trade either.

I'm betting the O's make no institutional changes, but overspend for one, midlevel free agent to "prove" they're shaking things up/non-complacent.

Jesus christ shut up both of you. You are misinterpreting what I am talking about.

YES it is a trainwreck. It deserves to be under a microscope and I am sure that the Orioles have had many people turn them down for various reasons.

All I was asking is, during a normal search, how many interviews are declined that we never hear about because its not really big news like it is RIGHT NOW.

I am not trying to spin that this isn't embarrassing or a complete farce, just asking a question.

And you can blame us given your track record? Whatever.

I am not trying to spin that this isn't embarrassing or a complete farce, just asking a question. Just a thought, that is all.

Who the hell do you think you are talking too? Whose fault is it that you have the reputation of some a$$ kissing, stick up for the Orioles at all cost? That's on you.

I will ALWAYS assume you are trying to cover for them because its what you do. So, either try to get with the program and understand what is going on in front of you and stop being such a pollyanna or continue to have that type of criticism thrown out at you..You deserve it.

I hear Oppenheimer will interview... but even though he is probably my favorite, I think the O's should probably just announce Duquette if a deal can be reached. O's really can't afford Oppenheimer saying no, and Duquette backing out for any reason.

To your point, more from Connolly:

Another indication Duquette will get offer: #Orioles havnt set up an iview w Oppenheimer, tho they asked and received permission fron NYY

I too would like to see Oppenheimer. I was impressed by the recommendation that Chris got.

That being said, Duq does have a good resume...I too wonder why he has been out of the game for almost a decade although maybe he was just burned out and needed time away.

Whatever...Let's see if he can do the things that he wants to do...If he can't, it doesn't matter.

Who the hell do you think you are talking too? Whose fault is it that you have the reputation of some a$$ kissing, stick up for the Orioles at all cost? That's on you.

I will ALWAYS assume you are trying to cover for them because its what you do. So, either try to get with the program and understand what is going on in front of you and stop being such a pollyanna or continue to have that type of criticism thrown out at you..You deserve it.

Please dude. Come off it. If you have read anything, had a real conversation with me or whatever you would know that is largely complete bull. but hey, why put any effort into anything when you can just rest on preconceived notions. Oh its SG, I'm right about anything and how DARE you question me, after all I am the only one that is continually allowed to be a sanctimonious jag on the internet.

I'm not covering for anyone. I have been as pissed about this as anyone has.

In all seriousness, as ridculous as this has all been, Duq doesn't seem all that bad. I am all in favor of taking our chances with him rather than extending MacPhail.

The problem, as it was, is, and always will be, is the man who Duq reports to.

Yeah I'm with you. While I'd love to have one of the young up and coming guys, it's more important the philosophies they have. I hear Duq is VERY tied in to the international scene. I've got hope, but then again it's easy to have hope at the beginning of the offseason.

It's time for this fiasco to be over. You could do a lot worse than Duquette. He probably wouldn't have been in my top 10 choices but at this point, I'd just be glad to have someone who is halfway credible. So, if I read tomorrow that he has signed on, I will be relieved, if not thrilled.

Please dude. Come off it. If you have read anything, had a real conversation with me or whatever you would know that is largely complete bull. but hey, why put any effort into anything when you can just rest on preconceived notions. Oh its SG, I'm right about anything and how DARE you question me, after all I am the only one that is continually allowed to be a sanctimonious jag on the internet.

I'm not covering for anyone. I have been as pissed about this as anyone has.

I, unfortunately, read you on here...Its what you do, so please stop trying to cover for yourself.

If you are different in your little blog, good for you..then be that person on here.

And I am glad you are saying I am right about everything...good to know you have come around on that.

Archived