Orioles have kept tabs on Abreu all off-season. They like him.

Greg

Horrible rotation. Maybe we should trade for CC.

First of all, its not horrible...That is a very talented rotation.

What it is, is a very unproven rotation that could blow up in our faces.

However, that's not really the point anyway. 2012 is a lost year anyway. You get the talent in here, you increase the depth, you play the young guys you have and then sort things out later.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
First of all, its not horrible...That is a very talented rotation.

What it is, is a very unproven rotation that could blow up in our faces.

However, that's not really the point anyway. 2012 is a lost year anyway. You get the talent in here, you increase the depth, you play the young guys you have and then sort things out later.

And you get some AAAA guys stashed at Norfolk that could come in and get you innings if need be.

And you get some AAAA guys stashed at Norfolk that could come in and get you innings if need be.

Right...and guys like Smyly and Voss could be up later in the year.

People are just so worried with who replaces this guy and that guy. They are missing the point. You just accumulate as much talent as possible and go from there.

Right...and guys like Smyly and Voss could be up later in the year.

People are just so worried with who replaces this guy and that guy. They are missing the point. You just accumulate as much talent as possible and go from there.

We don't have enough talent to bring in what you want... those moves will NEVER happen.

We lack prospects. We have Bundy, Muchado, and Schoop. Thats it!

I am all for depth... but right now we can only trade Jones and thats about it. I don't see anyone else besides Markakis that can be moved but we all know Angelos will never let his Greek brother leave town.

We don't have enough talent to bring in what you want... those moves will NEVER happen.

We lack prospects. We have Bundy, Muchado, and Schoop. Thats it!

I am all for depth... but right now we can only trade Jones and thats about it. I don't see anyone else besides Markakis that can be moved but we all know Angelos will never let his Greek brother leave town.

You can also trade Johnson, Hardy and Guthrie and bring back talent.

His OPS has declined every season since 2008, and while OBP is still respectable, that too has fallen over the same period of time. He's pretty much a DH at this point, and to that end I'd rather just stick Reynolds, or even Reimold there, and I'm not Reimold's biggest fan. The only way I'd take him is if we have to take on some salary to acquire some good prospects or ML ready guys, like SG proposed. Otherwise, I see no reason to have him.

I am with SG on this one, I would take Abreu and his contract if it is a vehicle to obtain Bourjos and Morales. I like what SG proposes except spinning Jurjjens off to the Tigers. I would rather put Jurjjens in our rotation. He is a young and proven pitcher, and we will need that especially if Guthrie is gone.

We need a LH bat. I wouldn't mind Abreu in a package that included Morales. or Callaspo. The LAA aren't getting Madsen so they might be interested in JJ.

If you could do this. And get all three for a salary dump type move to allow them to go after a Madsen, then that would be awesome.

Archived