Reminder!! Futures Game!!

Toonces

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I missed the Futures Game. But I just read this entire thread, and I have learned 3 things:

1) Bundy had an unimpressive game

2) Machado had a great game

3) scOtt has been drinking heavily today

He may have also visited the balcony at some point in the game.

I missed the Futures Game. But I just read this entire thread, and I have learned 3 things:

1) Bundy had an unimpressive game

2) Machado had a great game

3) scOtt has been drinking heavily today

Same experience here. I think scOtt has been having a good day off.

Re: Hamilton, the comments regarding his performance at short go with his stats, and I find the 2B arm comments not terribly surprising. I did some looking on his BR page for the thread about his SB, and the stats tell he is something awful at short; he makes a ton of errors there. He had some time at 2B I think in 2010, and his numbers read a hell of a lot better there. Are the Reds really keeping him off of 2B because they have Brandon Phillips signed through 2017? Phillips is a decent player, but he likely had the best year he'll ever have five years ago, right before he signed that contract. He's 31 now and last year entered the expensive part of the contract. If the Reds don't have a good 2B prospect in their system, they'd be well-served to move Hamilton back to 2B, keep developing him there, and move Phillips if Hamilton pushes the issue. It would certainly help Hamilton in the meantime if he could develop a little more power without compromising his speed too much. Phillips in '15-'17 (ages 34-36) will cost $12M/$13M/$14M. Hamilton could be ready by then just by progressing one level a year.

I can't find a box score. Can someone recap exactly what our boys did? I gather MM made a nice defensive play of some kind, hit a double, popped out and maybe hit a sacrifice fly, and that Bundy didn't pitch well but didn't allow a run. That's what I've gleaned from the thread, but more specifics would be appreciated.

I can't find a box score. Can someone recap exactly what our boys did? I gather MM made a nice defensive play of some kind, hit a double, popped out and maybe hit a sacrifice fly, and that Bundy didn't pitch well but didn't allow a run. That's what I've gleaned from the thread, but more specifics would be appreciated.

Here is the box score for you, Frobby.

http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?t=g_box&sid=milb&gid=2012_07_08_wftmin_uftmin_1&mode=box&c_id=milb

Bundy got the win, despite not pitching well.

There's really not much more detail to offer!

Brett (and Williams?) really handcuffed the pitchers by not letting them get warm.

<iframe src='http://mlb.mlb.com/shared/video/embed/embed.html?content_id=22966451&width=400&height=224&property=mlb' width='400' height='224' frameborder='0'>Your browser does not support iframes.</iframe>

He didn't have much all day. Hanging curves the whole time. Catcher caught a guy stealing third or he he would have lost the lead (or the tie at the time. US scored is the next half inning to get him the win.)

Moi? Drinking heavily? The hell you say!

Now there's a fine play by a SS.

Not sure why people on here say he should come up as a 3B and be moved to SS....makes no sense to me.

Ha. Glowing review from Sutcliffe: "not much power, not much speed, not great range." And then he "doesn't take anything away from Machado" but completely takes credit away from Machado.

What a tool box... seriously.. watching him in ST he was making diving plays up the middle...I don't get why these guys show opinions when they know nothing about him... then he goes on to say "tools, tools, tools"

Yup the #3 prospect in baseball has no range, power, or speed.... I guess that nice leaping catch and double was just a myth.

Archived