vs. Athletics 7-28

scOtt

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:laughlol::laughlol::laughlol:

Well, Palmer's going to have to find a new way to make fun of Hunter's repertoire--can't just say anymore that all he has is a mediocre fastball around the plate and that "little cutter or whatever it is."

Well I must admit that I have agreed and still do agree with Palmer about Hunter's repetoire. I have no idea where these K's are coming from. Basically Hunter has a craptasstic pitch to contact repetoire similar to Brad Bergesen. At least that's what I have seen.

Well I must admit that I have agreed and still do agree with Palmer about Hunter's repetoire. I have no idea where these K's are coming from. Basically Hunter has a craptasstic pitch to contact repetoire similar to Brad Bergesen. At least that's what I have seen.

I dunno, those curves and sliders have had good movement on them and he's locating well with the fastball. Do need good D behind him, though, for him to succeed. And for Teagarden to catch more of those pitches--and not groundout with RISP like he just did!

I think it's a sign of how surprisingly good Hunter's breaking stuff suddenly is. They can't even decide whether to swing or not!

I think it's a sign of how surprisingly good Hunter's breaking stuff suddenly is. They can't even decide whether to swing or not!

That is possible. You never know what went on in AAA. It's just very surprising to see Tommy Hunter striking guys out.

Archived