Inning ending DP by Mark Teixeira to win the game

alaniee

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I certainly don't think he pitched well. This isn't horseshoes, close doesn't count. He should have had a blown save if that ump gets the call right.
He gave up a couple weak singles and a bunt. Then he got two grounders for outs. I didn't see anything to have me worried about him. Especially since he got better results as pressure ratcheted up.

Teix clearly beat the throw, but I can't say for sure that his hand touched the bag in that picture, because picture angles can be deceiving. If he didn't slide, there wouldn't have been any doubt, and he would have been called safe.

Anyway, that would have just tied the game - so that did not cost the Yankees the game. Would that have gone on to be the first game all season the O's would have lost after having the lead after the 7th inning? Who knows? My guess is no - since it... would have been the first time... all season.

Teix clearly beat the throw, but I can't say for sure that his hand touched the bag in that picture, because picture angles can be deceiving. If he didn't slide, there wouldn't have been any doubt, and he would have been called safe.

Anyway, that would have just tied the game - so that did not cost the Yankees the game. Would that have gone on to be the first game all season the O's would have lost after having the lead after the 7th inning? Who knows? My guess is no - since it... would have been the first time... all season.

I think those results become far less predictive after we blow the lead. Obviously we still won the games where that happened, but then it's like - I don't know, wild guess - three or so games.

Tex argued that he was completely screwed on the strike three call in the AB before and A-Rod hits a solo HR which should have been a 2R homer, thus, the Yankees would have had the lead. Thats what he said on the post game, anyway.

This is getting a little ridiculous. Watch a slo mo replay. There is no doubt his hand touched the bag. There is no doubt that his hand touched the bag while the ball was still in the air, before it went into Reynolds's glove. NO DOUBT. NOT CLOSE. We got a break against the Yanks. It's about time.

Not sure why you're quoting me in this post. I emphatically stated that he was safe by a mile.

Tex argued that he was completely screwed on the strike three call in the AB before and A-Rod hits a solo HR which should have been a 2R homer, thus, the Yankees would have had the lead. Thats what he said on the post game, anyway.

Cry me a river. Tex probably has reason to complain about the 1st base call but not the strike three call. Maybe he's too used to plays going his way. I think it especially angers him to lose to Baltimore because of the way Tex was booed after he chose NYY over the Orioles when he was a free agent. Same with Girardi it bugs him to lose to the Orioles because he could have had the Orioles manager job.

Bad call, but it happens. No, I don't think the ump was screwing Tex for moaning about the earlier strike three call. I think Tex's dive probably threw the ump off since he wasn't expecting it.

We've had our share of bad calls this year, and over the years against the Yankees. Put this one in our column.

Cry me a river. Tex probably has reason to complain about the 1st base call but not the strike three call. Maybe he's too used to plays going his way. I think it especially angers him to lose to Baltimore because of the way Tex was booed after he chose NYY over the Orioles when he was a free agent. Same with Girardi it bugs him to lose to the Orioles because he could have had the Orioles manager job.

Um, let's be realistic...both of them have won WS up there. They aren't regretting their decisions.

This is getting a little ridiculous. Watch a slo mo replay. There is no doubt his hand touched the bag. There is no doubt that his hand touched the bag while the ball was still in the air, before it went into Reynolds's glove. NO DOUBT. NOT CLOSE. We got a break against the Yanks. It's about time.

Can you post a replay with a reasonable angle? I haven't seen one.

Just quoting Ruzious who says he's not sure if Tex's hand touched the base. I multi quoted something before from you and it accidentally got added into that post. I deleted it within 20 seconds after it posted.
You left my post in there too even though I only called it a "near DP." In any case, one guy saying he wasn't sure about an angle isn't anything getting out of hand.

Archived