Inning ending DP by Mark Teixeira to win the game

alaniee

Question is did his hand lose contact with the bag before his chest hit it and did the ball arrive during the time he wasn't in contact with the bag?

Doesn't matter. He makes contact before the ball, the "overrun" rule lets him be safe. So he was screwed. And I'm AAAAAAAAA OOOOOOOOOOKAY with that.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Question is did his hand lose contact with the bag before his chest hit it and did the ball arrive during the time he wasn't in contact with the bag?

Hahahahahaha that is a good try at trying to cover that up. He was sooooo safe. We got one there. That is even more awesome! LOL

Hahahahahaha that is a good try at trying to cover that up. He was sooooo safe. We got one there. That is even more awesome! LOL

Not trying to cover up anything. Really want to know if that was the case. From the MASN replay, it looks like Tex over slides the bag and his hand loses contact. I know on a steal attempt of 2nd or 3rd applying the tag while the runner isn't in contact with the bag would be an out, even if they've touched the bag previously. Wondering if the same is true on a slide at 1st and whether or not that actually happened here or not.

Not that I care if the O's won on a blown call, Jeffrey Maier and all.

Once he's touched the bag, he can no longer be forced; if he moved completely off of the bag we'd have to tag him.

Not that I care. With all of the bad calls that have cost us games against the Yankees over the years, I'll take one back, especially this year when it really counts.

Archived