Magic Numbers and teams the Orioles have eliminated

csgordos

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now that the Central cannot get two teams in, effectively in order for the Orioles to make the playoffs there are only 2 teams that can keep the Orioles out of the playoffs: Rays and Angels. However, with that being said I am going to leave the magic number up for the Tigers because:

*WHEN (not if) the Orioles pass the Yankees for the division this year the magic number to clinch the #2 seed in the playoffs will be the number attached to the Tigers (IF the WS win the Division the Orioles already have a better record).

I decided to add another layer now with the Magic numbers the Division leaders need to win their division and Magic Numbers for those teams also to clinch a playoff spot. The Orioles is 4!!

Magic # for Orioles Only------------Magic # to Win Division---------------Magic # Playoff Spot

Indians: Eliminated

Twins: Eliminated

Red Soxs: Eliminated

Royals: Eliminated

Blue Jays: Eliminated

Mariners: Eliminated

White Soxs: (Eliminated from catching the Orioles only)

Tigers: 2* ------------------------------------ 6

Rays: 4

Angels: 4

A's (Top Wildcard Spot): 6 ------------------------------------------------------------ 5

Yankees (Win the Division): 8-----------------6 --------------------------------------- 3

Texas (Best Record in AL!!): 10-------------- 3 --------------------------------------- 1

Texas can be the first AL team to clinch a spot in the playoffs tonight.

I am leaving for Disney with the family tomorrow, so feel free to update regularly if you feel that I am not being as quick with the daily updated magic number scorecard.

Archived