Look's like the O's will get No help from the Redsox tonight.

Greg

In fairness, a "AA" Boston team didn't give up 9 runs to NY in the 2nd inning; that gets hung on Bucholz (who was 11-7 coming into the game) and Aceves.

As for the Orioles, they had their shot in the 9th with 2 on and nobody out. But Thome was flailing away and so was Reynolds for 2 quick outs. The PH Chavez grounds out to Rodney to end the game. Opportunities lost.

When I read stuff like this I wonder whether anybody ever played baseball. In fact I wonder if they ever watched a game before.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh yea, they were flailing away and missing opportunities all over the place. Against a guy who's allowed 58 baserunners and 5 earned runs in 74 innings this year.

Isn't that what overpowering pitchers cause hitters to do? Flail? Check out Reynolds' 3rd strike.

Are we just going to completely ignore that Pedroia has a season-ending injury, or are we going to keep complaining about something that Valentine really has no control over?

Pedroia is only hurt because Valentine hit him in the hand with a tack hammer. Just out of spite to the Red Sox organization.

Isn't that what overpowering pitchers cause hitters to do? Flail? Check out Reynolds' 3rd strike.

Ok, then, riddle me this Batman: You said the O's missed opportunities because they were flailing away. But how do those opportunities even exist when the pitcher is overpowering and causes everyone to flail away?

Pedrioa is only hurt because Valentine hit him in the hand with a tack hammer. Just out of spite to the Red Sox organization.
I don't buy it. My tin foil hat says Pedroia just couldn't take any more of Bobby V and walked. You know the rat and the sinking ship? The finger is just a cover up.

You do realize that Fernando Rodney is having a season for the ages, right? He's given up 5ER all year. He's given up 2 ER since May 26, 2!! Pretty much every hitter this year has been flailing away at his pitches all season. Lets not pretend this is exclusive to the Orioles.

You do realize that Fernando Rodney is having a season for the ages, right? He's given up 5ER all year. He's given up 2 ER since May 26, 2!! Pretty much every hitter this year has been flailing away at his pitches all season. Lets not pretend this is exclusive to the Orioles.

Not trying to argue here and I wasn't implying that Rodney's performance was exclusive to the Orioles. Jones and Wieters were able to get to him. Reynolds; not so much.

Really? Why in the world would Valentine and/or the Red Sox want to give the Orioles (or any team for that matter) a chance?

Let's go back to September 28th, 2011. Final score Baltimore 4 - Red Sox 3. Maybe the Red Sox remember this little postgame quip: "End of season like this, to make Boston go home sad, crying, I'll take it all day," said Robert Andino.

Therein lies the answer.

Valentine wasn't around for that. In fact, he wouldn't even have his current job if the O's hadn't destroyed the Red Sox last year and caused them to fire Francona. So Bobby V should be thanking the Orioles! :D

So, Valentine plays his AA roster vs. the Yankees in a series that has division winning implications for the Sox mortal enemies. Totally bush league on his part. He no longer deserves to be a manager at the Major League level.

He never did.

Not trying to argue here and I wasn't implying that Rodney's performance was exclusive to the Orioles. Jones and Wieters were able to get to him. Reynolds; not so much.
Rodney didn't expect to come into the game. He had to warm up quickly and left couple of his first pitches up. Whne he got into his groove he was unhittable.Except maybe by you. :rolleyestf:

Archived