Vs. Rays 10/1

waroriole

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That inning sucked up one side and down the other. Manny killed them with the error and I didn't like Chen coming out for that inning to begin with. There's so many guys in the bullpen. I don't understand it. These games mean so much Buck can't be worried about abusing the bullpen.

This. Me neither. I don't get it.

Yea, I love Buck, but he really struggle sin that seventh inning. He's always trying to get those extra outs out of his starter when he has one of the best bullpens around. On top of the fact he has multiple extra guys out there right now. Just really some poor managing there.

I wonder how to get a stat for our starters' ERA in the 7th inning? It has happened over and over again late in this season that Buck just seems to want to give his starters the opportunity to show their mettle in the 7th instead of just turning the ball over to someone else and getting the W.

I'm sorry... did YOU win 92 games with a share of the lead for 1st place in the east... or did Buck? :rolleyestf:

What does that have to do with anything. Even the best managers make mistakes and this was a clear mistake. Just because I like Buck as the manager is certainly not going to mean he's above critique when he screws up. Gimenez was batting .340 againts lefties this year and .103 against righties. It's literally criminal to let Chen pitch to him in the 7th when Ayala was warmed up and ready to go.

Archived